Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to get a set of kooks with the catted x pipe wheres the best place to buy from??? also what ones do i need my only mods are vortex rammer and borla stingers and plan on doing either a cam or nitrous in the future do i get the 1 3/4 or 1 7/8??? all help needed. with air tubes without?? new to the whole corvette header scene thanks everyone

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
1 3/4 would be my choice. The 1 7/8 seem to work a better on Stroker motors. :z:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I have a set of Kooks 1 7/8 coated, (Calico Coatings) inside and out going on my stock displacement C5. I have the air tubes. I don't know how the larger tube header will work out but I'll give it a shot. I have read several articles about the Z06 head and they claim the thing likes the larger tube contrary to other small blocks for a given displacement. The exhaust ports on the ported Z head work very well indeed. Popular Hot Rodding has a very good article on this topic this month I believe. If you are a head, cam, nitrous car by all means go with the larger header. I may get a lot of flack on this one but I'm going to do a before and after. I already have the before with 1 5/8 headers.

D.J.

·
Registered
81 Posts
xxsvtcobrakidxx said:
want to get a set of kooks with the catted x pipe wheres the best place to buy from??? also what ones do i need my only mods are vortex rammer and borla stingers and plan on doing either a cam or nitrous in the future do i get the 1 3/4 or 1 7/8??? all help needed. with air tubes without?? new to the whole corvette header scene thanks everyone
www.corvettegarage.com has pretty fair prices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts