Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here in CA you have to have a carb # and I was wondering if there were any headers out there that were worth putting on. I did a search but only found stuff on long tubes. I would rather have LT's but they aren't smog legal. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I also hear you can replace cats after 50K mi, is this true? I would love to throw some high flow cats on.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
The only smog legal headers that I know about are shorty designs, which may save you a slight amount of weight, but not get you much performance benefits over the stock Z exhaust manifolds. Long tubes are the way to go. You'd be surprised at how many people are running them, even in CA. I'm still too chicken (or too cheap) to get them, as that would involve finding a way past smog testing, when that comes up...

·
Registered
971 Posts
Z064FUN said:
Does anyone know if ther are any high flow cats that are carb legal?
No they are not and even moving the existing ones is a violation.

I would suggest (This will give you about 30 h.p./30 torque to the tire across the enitre rpm range). My bud, Troy has my set on his car. Has some dyno numbers as well.

THIS IS LEGAL, Provided

1) You post (use clear box tape) the B&B CARB sticker under the hood.
2) Keep the existing cats
3) I would keep the paperwork in the trunk for the, "Fuzz." Some are good guys and some are complete .....

B&B shorties
Borla XR racing exhaust

P.S. This setup is about 45 lbs. lighter than stock. Which is huge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts