Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C4C5 HELP! This is different from the last clutch posting. This time I drove my Z just going out the drive to town, and the clutch felt like some one had adjusted the system up so much that the clutch would not totally disengage?:-? I had not driven it in nearly a week, then all seemed just fine. And after driving the car several miles I could not get the clutch completely release. The car would pull itself with the clutch hard on the floor even at idle or a little above and near impossible to shift gears without trying to match engine speed (shift with no clutch-up or down shift). Even on the way home I got stuck at a stop light and had to shut down the engine put it in gear, because it dragged the engine down so much it stalled, and then start the engine and go when the light changed. Got it home and it's parked till??? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif
Where do you think the problem lies at?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif Thanks for your technical help as always...ZO6Bill

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Sounds like the hydraulic system just isn't providing enough pressure to fully disengage the clutch. Look for fluid leaks in the system, and the level in the master cylinder reservior. I'd try bleeding the system too, might have an air bubble that just showd up.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
It sounds like you lost hydraulic pressure either at the master cylinder, or at the slave cylinder.
Please check your master cylinder for the clutch, and let me know if there is any fluid still in it, if so, then you may have a defective master cylinder.
Please keep us posted, I will recheck in the AM, c4c5

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks C4C5 for helping and all the replys so far.
The fluid level in the clutch master cylinder was my first thought as well I checked it three times so far and it was full?? Sorry I forgot to mention this point. The last time was this afternoon after it had been sitting for the past two days. The fluid is not as clear as the fluid in the break cyl, but appears a bit cloudy(just a little)but the level is at full! I havn't crawled under the car as yet to look for the Slave cyl but I don't see and fluid on the floor either. Bill

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
Looks like the master is on its way out, sorry.
I dont really feel that there is problem with the fluid ,as this should be considered normal.
Please keep us posted ,c4c5

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
C4C5, I have two more questions about the clutch sys. 1. Is there a way to check the pressure of the master cyl for bleed off. 2. Do the Z06s have the restrictor in the line as do the the other vettes as previously talked about? If so should I open it up a little? Thanks for your help. I gotta make an appointment with the dealer for svc!???

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi there,
No, I would NOT touch the restrictor, I have NOT had any cases in which the restrictor causes this condition.
As for a pressure test of the clutch, I have no tool for this, nor does GM.
You would have to remove the cats, and the inspection cover to measure the actual clutch movement, in comparison to the slave cylinder.
Let us know how you do, c4c5

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C4C5, I will be taking the car to the dealer now that I have this info and we'll see what they say and what they fix or change to make the clutch work correctly.
I was refering to the restrictor in that opening it up would allow the fluid to return a tad quicker for a little faster clutch management. Not that it would help my present problem. Thanks again, I'll post when I get the clutch back to normal op..Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts