Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Z06 clutch continues. The dealer replaced BOTH slave and master cyl and the clutch still won't disengage. Is there any difference in the '01 and '02 Z06 clutch and PP?? Do you know the '02 part#### for the complete clutch pack? Now they will warrenty the stock unit but testing and reusing the after mkt clutch has run the bill up to over $700 to find out the slave and master appear not to be the problem. I am now up against a factory unit or without a working clutch!!!
Thanks for any help you have here. The STAR sys appears, going to cost be a huge amt of $$$$ to have only 1500 to 1800 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi Bill,
Sorry for your bad luck, however, the 02 clutch is available from somewhere, I do NOT know where.
I have heard grumblings from LS1.com, Fitchner, and a few others.
I know that at my dealership, I CANNOT get it as of yet, because it is VIN specific.
I am sorry I cannot help you further. I would suggest to your mechanics, that they check installed height of the clutches before installation.
This is an effective way to make sure that the pressure plate fingers are all the way out, or NOT.
They will simply bolt the plate to the flywheel, and check your installed height. If the one that comes out is NOT the same installed height, you know the pressure plate is bad, and cannot be used.
Make sure that you document all measurements, before assembly, so you have something to go back to when asked why you thought the clutch was bad.
Let me know if I can help further, c4c5

1 - 2 of 2 Posts