Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into moving up to a 02 Z06 from a 01 Coupe. The Coupe is NBM/Lt.Gry,6-spd, polished wheels, dual tops, 1SB,CD, with only 1800 miles. The car is perfect. MSRP was $45,780. Well, I recieved a price quote from Maxie Price for $18,800 difference on a 02 Z06 TR/Blk. If they are asking MSRP for the Z06, then they are giving me about $32K for my car. This seems outrageous. Is it possible that my car has depreciated over $13K in less than nine months. Anyone else see this much depreciation, or is it just Maxie Price pricing. I was really surprised at this and has me reconsidering. Appreciate any input.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Even our dealers will tell you that it's best to sell your car privately since they buy at wholesale and sell at retail. This is true of all dealers. I suspect you could get a LOT more for your coupe on the private market, then talk to one of our vendors for a discount on a Z. That's your best bet.

JC

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Frenzy........

Welcome to the club..............:(

As N4, said.....this is the way to go.........

Figure ( if you trade it in......) saving around 2k in sales tax diff, so add that to whatever trade price they give you........if you sell to an individual, you will have to get at least 3-4k MORE from them over trade in @ ANY dealer to offset the loss.

This is a vicious cycle, that is common to the auto industry......as after all, they are depreciating asset's........OR liabilities, whichever you prefer to call them .....after all they ARE "BIG boy's TOY's".:)

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Sounds like a nice car. Should bring "all the money" this spring, I would think.Way better off selling outright...always!( Don't want to be driving a new Z in the snow anyway)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Z06FRENZY,

I dont recall speaking with you so I must assume you spoke with someone other than me. Forum members In order to get the best price possible, you MUST SPEAK TO ME. I am the only salesperson able to give the Forum disc. on Z06s. I am the only sales person to post adds on Z06s and the only one who knows the prices that Forum members get.
Z06FRENZY please contact me on Tue after 11:00 AM EST and let me see what I can do.:)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Frenzy:

First off Welcome to the forum! Ditto on selling it yourself, Corvette always sell better in the spring. Good luck, and once you drive your Z......you'll see why we are so crazy about 'em! :D

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Rick, I responded via email at the Maxie Price web site. Did'nt know any better. I will call you tuesday to see if you can lower price difference.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Z06FRENZY,
I traded a '01 base 6 spd coupe, ($41505 list) in on a '01 loaded 6 spd. convertable. ($52415 list) I had 3100 miles on the coupe, I traded for less than the difference of list prices at $10000. Three months later (9/27) I got the idea that I just had to have that '02 405HP Z06, and get that low interest rate too, (2.9%) so, I traded the '01 conv. (2600 miles) in on the '02 Z06 ($50710 list) I traded this time for $7000 difference. The dealer originally wanted to trade for $12500. None of these deals came easy.(many hours of arguing over price) So, all in all ,it cost me $17000 to trade from my '01 $41505 Coupe to my '02 $50710 Z06 with a convertable in between.

carzzy

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Now I know why your CARZZY ! :D Ain't it great!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Baron said:
Now I know why your CARZZY ! :D Ain't it great!
Yeah! Although, my wife thinks CRAZZY is more like it. WTF! You only live once!:D

carzzy

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Man that sux wrong time to be buying a car...I wait for the spring if you can!!!!:cheers: :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts