Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The #1 Key Fob on my wife's 2002 C5 finally gave up the ghost. Tried a new battery and no luck. If I can get my hands on a functioning used fob what then? Do I take the car to the dealer to have the fob programmed to our car? Any suggestions as to where to get a replacement would be appreciated.

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,816 Posts
Try taking the FOB battery was replaced and via the DIC
Go to options and then
FOB relearn process, assure your selecting on DIC the correct number FOB

Can do the same thing with replacement FOB
Mae sure in either case that the FOB switch is set to passive or not and set same way via DIC

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Wes, I'll share my story. I changed the nickel size battery in my C6 FOB a while back. I got the no FOB detected message and that's when I checked and found out the that I put the battery in backwards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The #1 Key Fob on my wife's 2002 C5 finally gave up the ghost. Tried a new battery and no luck. If I can get my hands on a functioning used fob what then? Do I take the car to the dealer to have the fob programmed to our car? Any suggestions as to where to get a replacement would be appreciated.
I was able to find a genuine GM parts listing page showing key fob options based on your model. You may still have to take it to a dealer to get it programmed but it does come with the factory warranty. A used one will probably not be covered under warranty. Here's a link to the OEM GM parts listing page for your reference https://www.gmpartsprime.com/parts-list/2002-chevrolet-corvette-z06-8_cyl_5_7_l_gas/keyless_entry_components.html?PartNumbers=25695954

·
Registered
17 Posts
Original GM key less entry remote- OEM.
Trans-meter, Batteries n EVERY BUTTON ARE IN GREAT WORKING CONDITION! 2008-2013 CHEVROLET CORVETTE. COMPATIBILITY - will work with OEM key less systems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Original GM key less entry remote- OEM.
Trans-meter, Batteries n EVERY BUTTON ARE IN GREAT WORKING CONDITION! 2008-2013 CHEVROLET CORVETTE. COMPATIBILITY - will work with OEM key less systems.
Try taking the FOB battery was replaced and via the DIC
Go to options and then
FOB relearn process, assure your selecting on DIC the correct number FOB

Can do the same thing with replacement FOB
Mae sure in either case that the FOB switch is set to passive or not and set same way via DIC

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up calling a local dealer (that sold me my C6 Z06) and he had the #1 Key Fob in stock. They programed the new fob and I was on my way in less than one hour. Yes my pocketbook was a bit lighter but the service was and is always great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts