Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
They look very good.. Thanks for the pics. What is the material?

How long are the primaries (total and for each section)? I've been holding off on building a model of the LS6 for simulation, but I'm starting to wonder what the engine will respond to.

How are you sealing the individual primaries to the collector? I haven't had much leak trouble there with other headers, but I wouldn't accept any exhaust leaks on a C5.

I've also found that getting the collector slid on the primaries can be a *nasty* job, especially if the headers have been run before. The Horror!

Either they're sloppy and they leak, or they're tight and they're a pain to get on. Clearly, you can't hammer them on.

From what I can see, you're using tabs to hold them on once they're slid all the way in place. Did you give any thought to using threaded shafts so that they can be pulled on with a nut??

Finally, did you consider band clamps instead of flanges at the collectors?

Thanks!

·
Registered
568 Posts
And if I can ask for one more thing.. :D

How about a before and after torque curve for the headers and X pipe? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Ernie, I second Brian K's comments and questions. How about telling us more? Have you tested your headers on a stock or Vortex intake system equiped Z06 - first with stock exhaust, then with the headers. Can you post some dyno runs with before/after numbers? Thanx! :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
We use RTV on the slip fit and have had no problems as far a leaks and as for using the band clamps it has been with our experience to be better to use the flanges.

We will be testing this weekend again on the white 420LS6 at Desoto Raceway. We have picked up about 26 Hp over the other companies long tube on the 420 engines.

We will be testing them on a head and cam package after we come back from the races at Route 66 in Ill. We will provide all the Dyno sheets after that. The Dyno at this time is packed away for transport to Ill next week.

Through all of our years of trial and errors using other manufactures we finally decided to produce a Header to not only produce good HP using a step design and 3" collector but also providing easy maintenance on the bell housing.

Ernie
BreathlessPerformance.com

:)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ernie,

Looking forward to seeing you at Joliet. I'm anxious to see the new headers. They might compliment my Vortex and Rammer. :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi Ernie,
How about posting "10 % discount for" Z06vette.com members
On your site?

Thanks for your consideration on this

2Charmed
:D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Ernie, thanks for the update. Like Frank, I think they may be a good addition to the Vortex system you installed on my EB at Carlisle. Are there any plans to test these on a car that is close to stock, such as the cars both Frank and I have? Most of us do not have head and cam cars, so this kind of information would be especially relevant to us.

Thanks... :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First I will put the 10% discount on our site today. Yes we have plans to install them on a stock engine. Gains should be good, that is why we designed it with a step up to mantain the velocity even on a stock engine and produce more torque.

These headers take a lot to manufacture, they are a 4 piece header with a step design in it. The other manufactures do not have these features.

See you all in Joliet,Il

Ernie

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
That's great news Ernie - I suspect a number of us with stock or very mildly modified engines (intakes) will be keenly interested in those stock before and after dynos! Ideally, I could get from the current 357.5 rear wheel, (Votex rammer and bridge) to at least 370 or so rear wheel (435 crank) plus throwin' in some more torque with a good set of headers...

Thanx. :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Those headers do look :cool: and I can tell more goes into
manufacturing them. What keeps them from leaking where the
tubes connect to the collocter?
I would like to see before and after dyno sheets to I would expect
nice gains!

Regards,
2Charmed

:cheers:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I didn't see a response to the material question and didn't see the info on the website..

What are they made of?? Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are steel tube which are then jet coated they are also available in Stainless Steel.

Thank You
Ernie

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Ernie, is the price on your website for the steel or stainless steel version? If it is not the price for stainless, what is the stainless price? Hopefully there will be notably higher power gains with your product over say TPIS to allow for a performance/price comparison.

Thanx... :D

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I don't know if I'm correct but it would seem that while performance would be slightly higher than the TPS (IDK), the big advantage is that the collector can be removed to aid in clutch replacement, etc, without the hassle of removing the entire header assembly, a costly job.....So, again, if this is the case, the extra cost of these might well pay for itself after your first clutch replacement.

This is all speculation of course......

JC

·
Registered
528 Posts
What is the weight compare to stock?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Guys we use to get custom headers made for this price. I think things are getting a little crazy with the prices. Step headers are usually made specfic. Im not saying they will not work better than non-step headers but to take full adva of the step there is a lot more to consider. Just some input from experience. NO Flame intended.

:cheers:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Any dynos yet of step headers on Z06??

Breathless said:
...Yes we have plans to install them on a stock engine. Gains should be good....

Ernie
Ernie, are there any dyno results yet on a basically stock Z06?

Anyone bought and installed these yet? How do they run and how was the install?

Thanks in advance,

Ranger

1 - 20 of 22 Posts