Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wnating to know how you enjoy the performance of the ATI Procharger. Did you get the P-1SC or D-1CS? Why id you choose the one over the other? And, from what you had HP/TQ PRIOR To install, what gains did you see and what PSI Boost ar eyou running? Any problems running 7 PSI? I am at 340/344 currently. Wondering where I would be with a P-1SC and what the differences would be with a D-1SC. Anyone? Thanks-

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Ive heard of plenty of roasted pistons from the ATI. Back when i was looking for a supercharger I found that the magnuson was best in realiblity..... You might not get the power of a ati but what good is power if your motor is blown or your belt is slipping ????

Get a crome magnuson and enjoy the sound of the supercharger whine :zboobie:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
99CORVETTEGUY said:
Ive heard of plenty of roasted pistons from the ATI. Back when i was looking for a supercharger I found that the magnuson was best in realiblity..... You might not get the power of a ati but what good is power if your motor is blown or your belt is slipping ????

Get a crome magnuson and enjoy the sound of the supercharger whine :zboobie:
Piston problems can almost always be traced back to a poor tune & belt slippage is rare under 8 lbs of boost. I have beat on my setup for 14000 trouble free miles. Just my .02.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
99CORVETTEGUY said:
Roasted pistons at 7 or 8 psi??? I'm afraid I'd have to throw the BS smilie up at that one. :bs:

I know of no one that has had major issues with the Procharger unless they started pushing the envelope on boost. That includes belt slippage!!

Look, having gone through this total process to make the kind of power I'm making...my afterthoughts would be that a TT setup would be easier and have less issues.
On the other hand, if you're not gonna try and get silly power out of your S/C and will settle for 7 or 8 lbs boost making 520 to 600rwhp (depending on other mods), the Procharger setup is very safe and very easy to maintain. I have not seen any belt slip issues on these blowers until you get to the 10+ boost range as long as your blower is set up and installed properly. I have been around dozens of ATI blower engines over the last few years so I think I would have seen the issues myself had they occurred.

As for my recommendations on P1-SC vs D1-SC... I recommend the D1 as the lower rpm hp and torque seem to be stronger and that means your total power will not be as 'peaky' as the P1 (more power under the curve).

Mike

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No numbers folks? HP/TQ numbers? hey Mike, i will look into the D1SC. Its a bit more, but if it is better and higher HP rated, I am looking into future but can't affor dthe TT set up. Maybe i will be the first to get a TSC set up! (Twin Super Charger). Any other comments folks? What PSI do you run your C5 at? 5, 6, or 7 psi?

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Just and FYI. Boost pressure is only a measure of positive pressure in the intake manifold. It can be varied by how well the heads flow or how much air you're trying to push into the motor. A better number to use is CFM (Cubic feet/minute). This is a measure of air flow. More air = more power. Easy in + easy out = more power. ie. If you have a set of heads that don't flow very well, you may see 9 psi boost at the intake manifold. However, put a set of trick heads on the car, leave the blower exactly the same and you may see 6 psi boost but may make a ton more power.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
GR8 WHITE said:
No numbers folks? HP/TQ numbers? hey Mike, i will look into the D1SC. Its a bit more, but if it is better and higher HP rated, I am looking into future but can't affor dthe TT set up. Maybe i will be the first to get a TSC set up! (Twin Super Charger). Any other comments folks? What PSI do you run your C5 at? 5, 6, or 7 psi?
Making a C-hair under 500rwhp @ 6-7 Ilbs with the ATI P1SC kit. I'm presently switching to the AA single intercooler setup & adding a ECS alky injection system. Going to push the envelope just a little.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
Keith, what is a "C-Hair"?
I would post a picture, but I think the mods would probably not like it (Actually they would though... they would take the picture off line and stare at it late at night when they are by themselves... I know how they work!)

Zed

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I am running a D1SC ssingle intercooler setup ! Before was 383hp 342 tq :) Now 600 hp 502 tq :) 7 psi

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Rob1Vet said:
I am running a D1SC ssingle intercooler setup ! Before was 383hp 342 tq :) Now 600 hp 502 tq :) 7 psi

Rob :cheers:
Rob, What other mods do you have to make those numbers.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
Norm, judging by the company that you keep, just check between your teeth for the answer. :lol: :rofl:

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rob1Vet said:

Do you have a stock C5 engine, or a ZO6? Or, did you FORGE The engine internals? I need to know because I know stock C5/LS1 wouldn't or SHOULDN'T be able to handle 600 rwhp. Or can it????? Norm, what's that in your teeth? :zboobie:

·
Registered
109 Posts
ATI P-1SC or D-1CS

stock I had 330 torque & 340 rwhp; adding cam, headers,&
the P-1SC gave me 563/440 with 5 lbs.boost. I'm in the safe zone; if I put 9 lbs boost & got closer to 600 rwhp, I would feel uneasy with the stock internals knowing the engine may have a much shorter life span. Within the next month LAPD is putting on a D-1CS,heads,etc.but my internals will be forged. I don't feel you need a D-1CS if that's the only mod you're adding. Magnuson is the best looking blower in my opinion, but you'd probably only get an added 90-100 rwhp from it I liked the look of the high rise hood for the Mag blower, so you could put one of those on your Z for looks just as I did.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All, I do NOT have a ZO6. I have a STOCK C5, FRC. But, I can guesstimate off your numbers if posted. Thanks-

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Running 7lbs. plus or minus. Started with 396rwhp and 390rwtq. Had H/C package with baby cam and stage II heads when we put the S/C on. Now with the P-1SC and A&A setup, check the sig for the numbers. The car is as total blast to drive. Planning to go forged internals latter this year.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
GR8 WHITE said:
Rob1Vet said:

Do you have a stock C5 engine, or a ZO6? Or, did you FORGE The engine internals? I need to know because I know stock C5/LS1 wouldn't or SHOULDN'T be able to handle 600 rwhp. Or can it????? Norm, what's that in your teeth? :zboobie:
I have a ZO6. ECS puts out 600 hp on the dyno all the time with a stock btm with chris's tuning !

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
Here you go Norman. Look familiar :yeadog:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts