Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Which is the best sport seat for the Z06?

• Ken King

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Callaway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caravaggio

Votes: 10 90.9%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All-

I'm on the fence for better seats in my 02Z [black interior]. Can someone who's done their homework comment on the various options:
1) Ken King
2) Caravaggio
3) Callaway

I want sport seats, no racing buckets.

Criterion:
1) Price: Like to stick under $3600 for both if possible
2) Should have holes for comp. belts in the future
3) Quality of leather
4) Good lateral support
5) good thigh support
6) Only need black but some silver threading would be nice
7) Any options for Suede inserts to stop sliding

Thanks in advance....

*also posted this thread on that other forum...

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Recaro will have seats available before the end of the year.....$695.00 per seat(includes mounting hardware) :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Caravaggio seats look great from the ones I have seen.

Chris

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I've been wanting a racing seat for my Z06 but didn't like the fact that they didn't recline. This product solves that issue and may be what I'm looking for. Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
01ZEE06,

More info please :yeadog:

Any pics? Will they fit in the vette? Many of the reclining performance seats are too wide to fit in the corvette. I do not think the Milanos will fit.

The Corbeau A4 has a narrow seat base and should fit and is available in leather.

Kirk

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Caravaggio's are a notch or two above any others. They are big bucks. VE work is excellent and the prices are not as steep as Caravaggio. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
The Recaro's are designed for the C5 Corvette(and may well fit the C6). They will fit perfectly and recline.....and they look real bitchen :jammin: For those who don't know, Recaro's are the very best seats made. They've been around for a long time and you'll find Recaro's in many high end sports cars. They are made in Germany!!

There's a guy in California on this Forum who goes by the handle "Sinco," and I noticed he had Recaro's listed in his sig.

His LPE 427TT was used in the last Car & Driver Tuner shootout and came in second to a Viper.....

Anyway, I contacted him and he referred me to LPE. LPE said they could do it for me, but would need to make some custom brackets to the tune of "about" $800.00.....I decided to contact Recaro in Michigan and see if they had seats available.

I talked to Uli J. Brinkman, Director Sales Aftermarket and Motorsport.

The C5 model is called the "Pole Position." Uli emailed me pix, which I printed.

Unfortunately, I didn't save 'em in my computer and scanning 'em wouldn't do the pictures justice. Plus, I'm not a computer wizard, and don't know how to get the pix into a post.

If you are trulely interested, just give Uli a call (very nice person) and he'll be happy to email pix to you, and perhaps you will post 'em for everybody to see. :cool:

I made a mistake on the price, it's gonna be $595.00 (not $695.00) per seat and they will be available before the end of 2005. I'm waiting..... :ity:

Uli's direct phone # is (248) 340-6205, and the main office # is: (248) 364-3818....FAX is: (248) 364-3804

·
Registered
164 Posts
recaro does make some kick a*s seats.i got my caravaggio's last year from gnxguy.i like them alot.i thought not having the option of reclining would stink,but the seats are very comfortable.if i had to do it over again and had the option at the time of recaro's,i'd most likely have went with the recaro's.i had a set of srd's but they wouldnt fit in the z.the reason i'd go with the recaro's is their reputation for top notch seats.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just installed a used Corbeau racing seat I bought from a forum member which I will be using for DE's, and I cannot believe the HUGE difference 'just' a seat makes while blasting around my favorite twisty country roads!

The combination of sitting lower and the added support from the sides make for an entirely different driving experience since one feels so 'planted' with the car. By comparison, the stock seat is no better than bolting in a picnic table.

As a side-note, yesterday, I was navigating a tight left-hander while reveling in my new-found support when all of a sudden the rear F1's broke loose in the 25 degree outside temperature; thank God for Active Handling! No more of that when it's that cold out...

·
Registered
19 Posts
JoeClams9 said:
Does anyone know anything about the Cobra misano seat?

if not, check them out, they look great!

The moment I saw the Cobra Misano R seats I wanted them with a passion. Especially since they only weigh 23lbs. and have a cabon fiber back. However I have been told by a dealer that the do not fit the C5. He assured me of this fact and that he has had numorious call about them. He wishes that they did fit as he could have sold a ton of them. Recaro is sure to sell a boat load at the prices listed. I for one will be buying them or there was another thread on here where Lingenfelter fitted Viper seats in the C5.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
these are the recaro pole positions. recaro doesnt have brackets for the vette yet, but i assume thats whats being developed??? more info please! these look nice, and they go for 600. thats for seat + bracket right???

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

A quick google search turned up several places selling them for 1250+. So really not any cheaper then the Caravaggio's -- however these do recline.

-N

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Bookman said:
All-

I'm on the fence for better seats in my 02Z [black interior]. Can someone who's done their homework comment on the various options:
1) Ken King
2) Caravaggio
3) Callaway

I want sport seats, no racing buckets.

Criterion:
1) Price: Like to stick under $3600 for both if possible
2) Should have holes for comp. belts in the future
3) Quality of leather
4) Good lateral support
5) good thigh support
6) Only need black but some silver threading would be nice
7) Any options for Suede inserts to stop sliding

Thanks in advance....

*also posted this thread on that other forum...
I love my Caravaggios. The Vette Essentials seats area slo very well made. Not sure what Callaway is doing. Here's a shot of the Caravaggios:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
01ZEE06 said:
The Recaro's are designed for the C5 Corvette(and may well fit the C6). They will fit perfectly and recline.....and they look real bitchen :jammin: For those who don't know, Recaro's are the very best seats made. They've been around for a long time and you'll find Recaro's in many high end sports cars. They are made in Germany!!

There's a guy in California on this Forum who goes by the handle "Sinco," and I noticed he had Recaro's listed in his sig.

His LPE 427TT was used in the last Car & Driver Tuner shootout and came in second to a Viper.....

Anyway, I contacted him and he referred me to LPE. LPE said they could do it for me, but would need to make some custom brackets to the tune of "about" $800.00.....I decided to contact Recaro in Michigan and see if they had seats available.

I talked to Uli J. Brinkman, Director Sales Aftermarket and Motorsport.

The C5 model is called the "Pole Position." Uli emailed me pix, which I printed.

Unfortunately, I didn't save 'em in my computer and scanning 'em wouldn't do the pictures justice. Plus, I'm not a computer wizard, and don't know how to get the pix into a post.

If you are trulely interested, just give Uli a call (very nice person) and he'll be happy to email pix to you, and perhaps you will post 'em for everybody to see. :cool:

I made a mistake on the price, it's gonna be $595.00 (not $695.00) per seat and they will be available before the end of 2005. I'm waiting..... :ity:

Uli's direct phone # is (248) 340-6205, and the main office # is: (248) 364-3818....FAX is: (248) 364-3804
The Recaros will not fit the C5. They do not make a bracket for the Corvette. I looked at Recaros and bought Caravaggios because the former will not fit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts