Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if anyone has started a thread that simply lists the turbo and twin turbo kits out on the market for the C5, a retail price for the kit (no labor), and the completeness level of the kit (ie: does it come with fuel upgrades, baseline program, etc).

It would be an interesting thread now that it seems everybody and their brother has a turbo or twin turbo kit on the market for the C5. I'll start with the only ones I know:

* note: let's not include links to the kits unless we're sure the manufacturer is a sponsor of z06vette.com!

Xtreme Motorsports, $7600, no fuel upgrades/mgmt inc, twin turbo.

Turbo Technology, $8000, no fuel upgrades/mgmt inc, twin turbo stage 1 kit made 437rwhp on a regular C5.

HP Performance, $8500, includes 42# injectors and LS1 edit baseline program, twin turbo stage 1 kit made 597rwhp @ 8psi on a 2002 Z06.

Pro Turbo Kits, $9000, no fuel upgrades/mgmt inc, twin turbo street system

I just listed some of the under $10,000 packages I'm aware of, but to make the list complete, all the baseline kits from even the high-end, top-quality companies like LPE need to be listed as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hype said:
I'm not sure if anyone has started a thread that simply lists the turbo and twin turbo kits out on the market for the C5, a retail price for the kit (no labor), and the completeness level of the kit (ie: does it come with fuel upgrades, baseline program, etc).

It would be an interesting thread now that it seems everybody and their brother has a turbo or twin turbo kit on the market for the C5. I'll start with the only ones I know:

* note: let's not include links to the kits unless we're sure the manufacturer is a sponsor of z06vette.com!

Xtreme Motorsports, $7600, no fuel upgrades/mgmt inc, twin turbo.

Turbo Technology, $8000, no fuel upgrades/mgmt inc, twin turbo stage 1 kit made 437rwhp on a regular C5.

HP Performance, $8500, includes 42# injectors and LS1 edit baseline program, twin turbo stage 1 kit made 597rwhp @ 8psi on a 2002 Z06.

Pro Turbo Kits, $9000, no fuel upgrades/mgmt inc, twin turbo street system

I just listed some of the under $10,000 packages I'm aware of, but to make the list complete, all the baseline kits from even the high-end, top-quality companies like LPE need to be listed as well.
Not a kit, but this is an INSTALLED price
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering $18,500.00 (SALE)
Includes: Twin Garrett Ball Bearing Turbochargers, Twin Intercoolers, Fuel Upgrades, LINGENFELTER CYLINDER HEADS, LINGENFELTER CUSTOM CAM SHAFT, STAINLESS STEEL CAT BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM, INSTALLATION,
TUNING and TESTING, 2 YEAR/24,000 WARRANTY!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great price on that kit considering 1) its LPE, 2) its more than just a kit, and 3) it includes installation and tuning!

:jawdrop:

·
Registered
54 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
Thanks for this post as I am in the market.
Let me know if I can help you further or answer any questions, we can build a Twin Turbo for your car from
550-1200 HP power levels.

Best Regards,
John Page
Twenty First Century Muscle Cars
Authorized Lingenfelter Performance Dealer

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
And guaranteed to idle like a showroom stocker, get 27mpg averaging 80mph on a highway trip...AND if you're not on throttle, the driveability is like a stock car. I swear if I had my car on a dealer showroom floor and someone fired it up and just sat in it, they would think it was a stock car.

Stock cat H-pipe, stock Z06 exhaust... 600+rwhp. :D

Passes TX inspection, and I've driven by a number of roadside sniffers they have in the N. Dallas suburb where I live. If it was a polluter, I'd have been flagged for sure.

<----A very satisfied 21CMC/LPE customer

·
Registered
290 Posts
21STCENTURYMUSC said:
Let me know if I can help you further or answer any questions, we can build a Twin Turbo for your car from
550-1200 HP power levels.

Best Regards,
John Page
Twenty First Century Muscle Cars
Authorized Lingenfelter Performance Dealer
Hey John what is required to get to the 1200hp level? Have you done any cars over 1000hp in the past year or so? I would like to see any pics/vids you have of the higher hp cars. I know a lot of vipers and supra are now getting in the 1000-1400 hp level and I think its facsinating.

The most ive seen is 840rwhp :eek: that was on sale on the LPE website but I guess it got sold.

·
Registered
999 Posts
840/.84 = 1,000

JWz06.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Xtreme kit isn't their own - it's a TTi AFAIK. Does HP Performance even have a kit on a production car yet?

The following are proven C5 kits:
TTi
LPE

Mark

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Obviously, we are slightly prejudiced, but with the quality, customer service, personnel and WARRANTY of the LPE (and agents-this DEFINITELY includes you, John) package(s), as installed, they are your FIRST resort if you wanna do it ONCE, and you wanna do it RIGHT! :yeadog:
IMVHO
Parts IS parts, but their installation and tuning and longevity is where the difference(s) lie... :thumb:
Again, IMVHO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Want a ZO6 said:
Hey John what is required to get to the 1200hp level? Have you done any cars over 1000hp in the past year or so? I would like to see any pics/vids you have of the higher hp cars. I know a lot of vipers and supra are now getting in the 1000-1400 hp level and I think its facsinating.

The most ive seen is 840rwhp :eek: that was on sale on the LPE website but I guess it got sold.
My 427 twin turbo is in 21st century now. Mine is close to [email protected]

Will post pics and video when I get the car back!! :coo: :coo:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Phamspeed, a company over on ls1tech.com is making a twin kit for the C5, for around $4200, comes with a wastegate too.....manifolds with standard GT35, or upgrade to a larger size......basically right under $5000 for a ready to go kit....they have just released their stuff for the f-bodies, if they do put this twin kit out I might jump on it :)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
BIGBOS said:
Phamspeed, a company over on ls1tech.com is making a twin kit for the C5, for around $4200, comes with a wastegate too.....manifolds with standard GT35, or upgrade to a larger size......basically right under $5000 for a ready to go kit....they have just released their stuff for the f-bodies, if they do put this twin kit out I might jump on it :)
spoke with one of the fabricators tonight. He said he could custom make an intercooled TT system for a c5 for $6500. Seems to good to be true :z:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Don't be holding the details back you guys. I'm really close to buying. Please give all the details you have. CFM rate, Intercooler specs, turbo brands, mounting orientation. etc etc. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
robiferretti said:
spoke with one of the fabricators tonight. He said he could custom make an intercooled TT system for a c5 for $6500. Seems to good to be true :z:
Twin turbo and intercoolers, anyone can build/fabricate it.

Problem is reliability and tuning.
For example, I'm outside or U.S. so I prefer to pay more money on a kit but no headache and just enjoy the car when is done like came from factory!
That's the reason I choose LPE and 21st Century. :coo: :coo:

·
Registered
93 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
The problem I've found is that many of the companies don't sell DIY kits and I'm a DIY kinda Guy. :)
I'm just in the process of a forged 383 twin turbo build as we speak. If your a DIY look into Turbo Technology Inc. kit. I would give you a link but I don't know if they support this site.
Look at the TTi x kit $9,500.00 you have to buy the injectors and do the install yourself and just have it tuned. One DYI did the install and @ 8-9 psi he was doing 600/650 hp/tq without it being fully tuned. Another guy who has this kit @ 14 psi did 750/750 hp/tq. They have a sweet looking kit and are using Turbonetics T3/4 turbos with a special wheel/trim package. What I really like about the kit is they have log style cast iron manifolds like LPE used to run. I stayed away from tube style manifolds as I used to own a shop and ran into many problems with that style. If you want a kit to DYI and make real power this is the one to buy.
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
jersey Jay where in NJ are you located? i'ld like to keep an eye on your progress. I would prefer to do the install and evreything myself, but i dont feel like having to custom fab parts

1 - 20 of 31 Posts