Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some interesting stories that our GM dealerships are providing in the service deptartment I figure if I ever have my car in their shop better protect it.

Who makes some good BODY PUCKS that insert into the jacking points on car? And has anyone used any of these?

I have a www.kwicklift.com in the garage to work on the car and hope I never have to take it in but the car is under warranty and I may blow something racing in the next 3 years.

:guiness:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
George,

The easiest solution I've seen is to buy 8 hockey pucks. Glue them together 1+1 so you have four total jacking pucks. Get four self screwing round eye screws (?) and drill a starter hole in the center of the puck. screws the round eye screws into the center. They will act as a guide to center the puck in the shipping holes and you use the round eye to hang the pucks from you tool wall or wherever, if you want.

I can't recall where I saw this but check the tech section here and elsewhere and I'm sure you'll run across a site with pictures.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found them on the contributing vendors section, CORVETTE STORE. Look pretty nice and are insulated on one end, cost is about $90.00 for 4 each.

Also saw that fire extinguisher bracket assembly that bolts to the front of the seats for about $30.00 less than Ecklers. No extinguisher supplied.

Look on the right side index and click into Corvette Store under new stuff and check out what they have.

I thought I had seen the body support inserts before, thanks for reminding me where to look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts