Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice that used Z06's seem to have bottomed in price?

When I bought my car in September, I had plenty to choose from in the SF Bay area and finally paid $32k for a 18k mile car in mint condition.

Now, I'm trying to help a friend find one and the prices seem higher and we're having a hard time finding a good car. Is it just this area or are others seeing the same thing?

·
Registered
842 Posts
tigerdrvr said:
Anyone else notice that used Z06's seem to have bottomed in price?

When I bought my car in September, I had plenty to choose from in the SF Bay area and finally paid $32k for a 18k mile car in mint condition.

Now, I'm trying to help a friend find one and the prices seem higher and we're having a hard time finding a good car. Is it just this area or are others seeing the same thing?

Its also the season for a Vette.. Prices a little firmer in the summer months.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
I think the spring and summer weather has a lot to do with the prices stabilizing. During the winter months, not much of need for a Z, unless you live in Cali. or the deep south.
Just my .02

Jack

·
Registered
220 Posts
I almost bought a Z last December and the prices were MUCH lower then. On average Z's are about 3k to 5k more now than then. There was also a much better selection then too. I live in Florida, so the winter does not affect us driving our Z's.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
03Z06VETTE said:
Its also the season for a Vette.. Prices a little firmer in the summer months.
Exactly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am in the business and there have been a few things to atribute to this.

1. When the new C6 came out GM was offering huge rebates on leftover C5 models to clear the way for the new Vette. This was directly reflected in the used car market and now that the rebates have gone and the new Vette has been recieved with mixed reviews the C5's are getting harder to get, especially Z06's.

2. The rumors of the new C6 Z06 caused alot of people to hold of until pricing and some performance figure was announced. Since pricing has now been comfirmed at between $65-75K and with and inticipated additional dealer murkup of another 10-20K, this has put ALOT of people holding thier you know whats in their hand. Know those people are saying, hey, I could get a C5 Z06 for half that and it is dam near as fast and with a Maggie bolted on, hello Mr C6 Z06 I'm right beside you and possibly passing you by.

3. Yes the summertime rush is here for sports cars.

I have seen a Big jump in wholesale prices, especially Z06's at the auctions in the last 4 months. Dam I wish I could have bought them all in Jan or Feb, i coul have made out like a Bandit.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
brucez06 said:
I am in the business and there have been a few things to atribute to this.

1. When the new C6 came out GM was offering huge rebates on leftover C5 models to clear the way for the new Vette. This was directly reflected in the used car market and now that the rebates have gone and the new Vette has been recieved with mixed reviews the C5's are getting harder to get, especially Z06's.

2. The rumors of the new C6 Z06 caused alot of people to hold of until pricing and some performance figure was announced. Since pricing has now been comfirmed at between $65-75K and with and inticipated additional dealer murkup of another 10-20K, this has put ALOT of people holding thier you know whats in their hand. Know those people are saying, hey, I could get a C5 Z06 for half that and it is dam near as fast and with a Maggie bolted on, hello Mr C6 Z06 I'm right beside you and possibly passing you by.

3. Yes the summertime rush is here for sports cars.

I have seen a Big jump in wholesale prices, especially Z06's at the auctions in the last 4 months. Dam I wish I could have bought them all in Jan or Feb, i coul have made out like a Bandit.
I didn't know pricing has been confirmed on the new Z06,
hmmmm, wonder where you got your information?

·
Banned
809 Posts
Jim Lembo said:
I didn't know pricing has been confirmed on the new Z06,
hmmmm, wonder where you got your information?
News to me as well. Plus, just throwing a "Maggie" on your C5 Z06 is NOT going to equal a C6 Z06.

Sal

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
With the pricing coming up on the Z06-c6 shortly.

You'll see prices and short availability on the old C5-z06 jump.

:sneaky: -Bill.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bought mine in early March from a dealer in IL (live in FL) and he could not sell it to me fast enough, had been sitting on it since last April (04) and then through the winter. Can't imagine how much the dealer lost having that showroom floor occupied for almost a year. :yeadog:

·
Registered
391 Posts
C5 vs C6 Zo6?

My guess is that with the most experienced driver in a T-1 prepped C5 Z06 would give the average C6 a run for the money, you could get a crate C5r, etc, etc, and be right there for right about half the money. I only asy this cuz at track days, usu do OK with Vipers, or they just really do not know how to drive yet. Oh, yeah, prolly the latter, given my huge lack of eye hand coordination.
Enthusiasm is not a strategy, but HP/ brakes are.
I bet there are guys on the list right now with some serious C5's could take the C6, maybe unless Scotty or Cindy were driving(but I hear they've gone over to the dark side).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts