Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tried doing a search for it but nothing comes up at all..perhaps im using the wrong word combo...

at any rate, any of you guys who have done the swap to Specter Werks dual projectors, can u all please post your thoughts...
1: ease of install, like how long, intensive..etc...

2: who should i talk to at SW, do we get a discount??

3: i need HID's, and revextreme is a vendor here...any comments on their kits? i would go with a 6000K kit...

thanks guys...again..any input, thoughts about quality, etc..ANYTHING, just post about! i appreciate all the comments!
Aj

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I had a GP some time ago on the SW C5R lights and will comment as follows.

1. Understand they are built for function and weight reduction.
2. Product quality is 2nd rate in terms of housing materials, fit and finish.
3. Aluminum brackets are light weight, a bitch to install and could be improved.
4. Light intensity for all three models is excellent.
5. Of the 21 units I sold 18 of them were Stage II units being the brightest street legal lights I've seen to date, a purple blue white light similar to that on BMW and Mercedes.
6. I would like to have seen a better quality unit for the money but I stress again these are built for weight reduction and light functionality.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have them... they look very cool, but the quality is so so. It took me and a buddy 4 hours to do it from start to finish. I have stock bulbs and will be getting 6000k HIDs whenever I scrounge up some mod money.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I have them, but would 99% likely pass on buying them again. I do have the stage II C5R's and they are no longer available from anyone that I know of. Working with the housings is a bitch as they are terribly thought out and do not offer much in the way of adjustability, so be prepared with the dremel. You will also find that you will need to hunt down an adapter when it comes time to change bulbs....you'll need a 9006 adapter I think. The replacement lenses cost $225 should you develop hairline stress cracks or scratches. SW offers ZERO customer support on these (Trust me, I know). Lastly, the projectors from side to side are such that, the driver side bulb will plug in with the proper placement/orientation, while the passenger side will not be able to without modification or disassembly of the mounting plate......All of which sucks!

I would take a good look at someone who has them installed before dropping the coin on getting a set. Their saving grace....good looks, and much more light than stock.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The bottom line IMO is that they are junk. :eek:o:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Now that they are done, they are great, but getting them done, was a bitch. Had my body shop do it, and it took them a great deal of time to get them to fit porperly.

Once done they are good, getting them done is nothing short of a pain in the a$$.

Mark

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
The C5Rs look very cool, but the quality is not all that great. Most people (including myself) have fitment problems. You can buy a HID kit separately from anywhere. I would personally keep to 4100K bulbs. They are the brightest, and don't look too ricer (like some of the higher kits). Bigger number don't mean better in this case. Just my opinion, each to his own. All in all I would probably buy the kit again, but it definately aint perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts