Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes an excellent C5R-style non-pop-up light that comes with HID bulbs? Any photos? I'm considering getting rid of my damned nighttime airbrakes.

Also, any suggestions on excellent fog lamps? Since I know longer have a VaraRam (have a Callaway Honker), I now have room for fog lamps.

Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
im kinda curious too. any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Very few people out of the population of C5's have switched to fixed lights. That is based on what I have seen at Z06fest and several years of attending Corvettes at Carlisle. It is a relatively expensive mod (around $1200 plus installation cost) and that is not necessarily for a HID model.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
panzer said:
Very few people out of the population of C5's have switched to fixed lights. That is based on what I have seen at Z06fest and several years of attending Corvettes at Carlisle. It is a relatively expensive mod (around $1200 plus installation cost) and that is not necessarily for a HID model.
thats true, thats why I said keep them coming :pp: , The price is what kills it for alot of people, I hear everyone hates the pop-ups ect. but for $1200 + installation alot seem to keep it :lol: I love the way the front end looks with pop-ups, I dont like the way a C5 looks with fixed lights, with that price tag It makes me love my pop ups, I also believe that people think the fixed lights looks better but its not the case , they look diffrent at most, if vettes had fixed lights they would be pop-up conversion kits just like the 911 porsche had/have that :yeadog:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Specter Werks sells the C5R headlights but no longer sells them in HID. You have to do the HID conversion yourself.

Also, AArdvark has the C5R "Snout" lights at cibieusa.

AArdvark also carries the Euro lens with Xenon conversion.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The price isn't really the problem, it's the part about paying $1200 for poorly built light kits that prevents me from buying it. A new guy (mray) on the other forom is building a new headlight kit. It sounds pretty good. He's designing it with an OEM projector, and will have it meet DOT specifications.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts