Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have always liked the looks of this type of fuel inj.setup.I wonder if I could get this type of 8 throttle body FI system for my Z06?If so,would it work with my existing computer FI system with only reprogramming.How would it effect the performance of the car?How hard would it be to tune and maintain?Am I crazy?Probably have to fabricate a hood.I think it would blow people away at shows.
What do you guys think?Just a thought.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Kinsler Injection. Yes, you can get it.
No, you need a special computer.
Yes, you are crazy.
Only one street car/drag car running it. Cannot remember his name at the moment. Vette Doctors services his car.
Hope you have about ten large just for this. Injection, intake, installation, computer. Not to mention everything on the car. lol.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
The photo shows the Kinsler fuel linjectors without any air filtration. Look at a C5 or C6-R engine when it's in the car. See the air intake plenum, airbox/filter? Much more to it than what is in that photo. Impractical for a street driven car.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Grim Reaper said:
Only one street car/drag car running it. Cannot remember his name at the moment. Vette Doctors services his car.
That would be John Gorman's coupe, and it's hardly a "street" car, as it's been back-halved. Very cool looking set-up, but I agree that this would not be a very practical engine mod.

Don

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I ran a style like that back in 1977 on a Camero drag car. It was hassle to adjust for conditions. (non computer style) It LOOKED BAD ASS but I eventualy went to a tunnel ram with duel 660 holleys.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i've always liked the looks of that motor too, but with the C5s engine setback, you'd probably have to cut a notch in the cowl.

plus those carbon fiber valve covers :jammin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts