Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I am at a stopping point here with wheels. I have looked for two days for the C5R wheels made by BBS. I have found all of the street style wheels by them but no mention of the racing wheels that they make for the C5R and GTSR Viper (spindle mount-center bolt style). Does anyone know where to look for these? Anyone have a used set?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Jason:

You might have some luck by contacting "Pratt & Miller Engineering." They build the C5R for GM.

www.prattmiller.com or call 248-344-9930. If no one answers don't be surprised....they are in LeMans, France!

BTW, Speedvision will broadcast live the 24 hours of LeMans race on June 16th!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. That is what I figured I was going to have to do. I need to call them to see if I can get a set of headlight covers off the C5R anyway.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey Jason
Why don't you just forget about the ZO6 and buy a C5R?
0 - 60 3.5 secs
0 - 100 6.2 secs
1/4 mile 10.3 @ 136 mph
Skidpad 1.44 g's

·
Registered
105 Posts
So where can you get a set?

What does it take to be able to use such a rim? etc?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can get them for you. These are 17x12.5 and 18x13 forged magnesium. They are the same as the race car and will bolt-on the same. You will have to also buy 4 wheel adapters that bolt on to your bolt pattern and then that gives you the center spindle. The wheels are $1500/each and the adaptors will run about $400. Let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only thing I could see that would be a problem would be the clearence. Check this out on your car and let me know. They have adaptors to fit the Corvette already. Everything else is a go!

17x12.5" f
18x13" r

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Uhhh, what kind of backspacing (or offset)? Without that its kind of hard to figure out.

I'd imagine that you'd have to put new quarters on the rear to fit the 13" wheels, or tub the inside. Maybe both. From what I remember 11" was as wide as you could go in the back. I just might have been smoking some crack when I read that, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, according to this Road & Track I have here, the C5R uses 18x12.5 up front, not 17x12.5

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I can see that the spacing info would have to be known and I can get that and I do think that either you would have to get winder panels or the wheels will hang out. I reread the R&D article on the C5R wheels and I believe they are wrong. I got this info from a reliable source and if you look at the picture of the C5R sideview in the front of the article and compare the wheels, it looks to me that they are not the same diameter. Let me know if you are interested and I will get all the information you will need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.