Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The #3 car (Dale's Daytona ride) Wins GTS in Portland: 8/5/01

Driven by Daytona 2001 OVERALL WINNING drivers Ron Fellows & Johnny O'Connell WAT TO GO TEAM CORVETTE!! Vipers?? Saleen??

HarleyB

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The #4 C5R came in second in GTS with Andy Pilgrim (co-driver with Dale Earnhardt at Daytona 2001) and Kelly Collins. CONGRATS!!!

Also spotted: The C5R - 2001 LeMans Hat!!! ...attention MY Vette owners...what major felony would you commit to get one of these??!!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Harley:

Nice pics! Looks as if you were right up close to the action! Thanks for sharing with us. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif
Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
HarleyB,

As always great pic's thanks, and keep it up...........
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
670 Posts
Awesome! Now I can give a guy at work some crap since he thinks the Saleen is superior to the C5. (he has a '97 S351 Saleen, which is no slouch! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif )

GAWD I can't wait to order my Z06! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Harley,
Bad news:"However, the Viper was promoted to second in class and 15th overall after the race when the no.4 Corvette was disqualified for being found underweight in post race inspection" /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Reference: http://www.speedvision.com/pub/articles/racing/06road/010805f.html

How did this happen?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

At least we beat the Saleen and Viper with good 'ol Ron Fellows in #3 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

01ZEE06
Barry

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm with Barry, how coulf they be under weight? In fact it's the first time I can recall in the programs history this has happened?

After Sebring, I was worried. But now, got my tickets for the Petit LeMans and can hardly wait!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts