Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
finally got a pic of the C5R lights installed...overall, the kit quality as we all know is poor...but u know what, the end result is fantastic. the kit took me about 20 hrs to completely install...i had to modify the buckets to fit my HID kit in there... the passenger side lines up almost perfectly, but the driver side requires still more work... the covers will be painted black in a week or soo...waitin for painter.

soo...overall, with proper aiming, and the HID kit, these lights are gorgeous!!! i love them, worth the 20 hrs installing them!

and for those who are wondering...no, i haven't gotten flashed by on-coming traffic! LOL

any questions, give a holler!
Aj

·
Registered
806 Posts
Looks Good!!!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Very, very nice! Love the look! Great job, AJ :thumb: :thumb:

Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brandon619 said:
I like! Was the install a pain?
thats an under statement of the yr!
the process is really simple, remove stock stuff is a breeze. test fit in new lights, mark 1 hole and drill/tap. everything else uses stock bolts to bolt up.

the real problem, is when bolting in the buckets, nothing lines up at all. u really got to put some muscle into it and bend stuff this way and that...and the cover takes some effort to put on as well...

but overall...they are worth it! no one in my state seems to have this so i feel special! LOL

any questions..give a holler..

·
Registered
38 Posts
um, they look good but i have a question. do you have Z06 emlems on the side of your car?

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Big Blue has the C5Rs installed, and they do a great job of lighting up the road. Install is a big PAIN. I have "fire" air brushed inside the lights.........for a real "HOT" look.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
They look good. Hey, I also like the black wheels.

Alex

·
Registered
308 Posts
The screws on top of the light housing are not stainless, and will rust! :zboobie:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I love the look!! :thumb:
Sounds like a tough job but you had great results!! :cheers:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey thanks for the compliments guys!
to answer a few ???

yes, it was a pain to install, but the results are spectacular! best mod yet (well, that i have done)

JetZ: ur right..the stock screws will rust...however, mine are not stock, didn't come with the kit, so i had to buy new screws...knowing that they will rust, i got SS ones and painted them black.

insert car: nope, thats a Z07 emblem. i have an MTI packaged car with the 427 7L...

thanks again guys!
aj

·
Registered
38 Posts
1 BAD BURB said:
insert car: nope, thats a Z07 emblem. i have an MTI packaged car with the 427 7L...

ok good. VERY nice man. once again, lights look sweet. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
1 BAD BURB said:
hey guys
finally got a pic of the C5R lights installed...

any questions, give a holler!
Aj

Why is the sky Blue??? LOL - sorry - I just had to ask.

Car looks great.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sweet :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts