Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you guys see the presentation of the C6 to Miguel Tejada at the all star game?

I quote the GM Marketing shloob who was on the field:

"Miguel, here are the keys to your new Corvette"

keys huh? :NoNo:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Well yes, there are still mechanical keys.

How do you think you open the car when the battery dies when the valet forgets to put it into reverse?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Yes, I saw that too! Beautiful Velocity Yellow! :)

Even though I've had a C6 for 11 months, I still mis-takenly use the mis-nomer of keys....can't teach old dogs new tricks. :)

Just an honest mistake, IMHO.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Zippy said:
Yes, I saw that too! Beautiful Velocity Yellow! :)

Even though I've had a C6 for 11 months, I still mis-takenly use the mis-nomer of keys....can't teach old dogs new tricks. :)

Just an honest mistake, IMHO.

Zippy :z: :z:
Hell, I've had mine almost as long as Zippy and I just figured out last month that I can open the hatch from outside the car without using the key fob. :lol:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
Hell, I've had mine almost as long as Zippy and I just figured out last month that I can open the hatch from outside the car without using the key fob. :lol:
You do that by saying "Open Sesame" :lol:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I do not see this as a big deal, but I do think GM's marketing and advertising do not really communicate very well.

I have liked some of Cadillac's new ads, but to me, Honda has always been the gold standard of advertising. Why? Two things--a geniune cleverness to the ads and an understated arrogance that says, "We make the best cars, and if you are really smart and in-touch, you'll buy one." That is a great image, as everyone wants to think they are smart and in-the-know and buy the "right" car.

GM's ads, far to often, sound like, "Have we got a deal for you...."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts