Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... can someone at GM please send out recall notices to all C6 owners to clue them into the existance of "Family Corvette"?

It seems that th C6 has attracted even more yuppies to the party than the C5 did.

Today I came across 2 C6's - one silver and one red - we (Patti and I) both waved enthusiastically as they past us.

Both times the cars had 2 people inside - both times resulted in very, very dirty looks from the 2 occupants.

This is not good news - as the C6 seems to have attracted snobs or some "superior" group to Corvette ownership.

What is up with these people? Is the wave that unknown to people?

It seems that C2 and C3 owners are very enthusiastic and wave like crazy with 3 feet wide smiles when we come across them. C4 owners are a little more reserved, but usually smile and wave. C5 owners can be somewhat reserved (Z06ers always seem to wave back) , but we come across "C5 return wavers" more often than not.

But - we have yet to have a C6er be friendly in return.

What's up with that?

I know there cars are ugly, but daaaammmmn... ;)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
We just have to educate them.....I wave to all Corvettes and even some Camaros and they mostly wave back.....if not, sooner or later I catch em in traffic and tell them that all Vette owners are required to wave...

·
Registered
109 Posts
no wave

They haven't had their Vette very long and are probably a little ignorant about the wave They're probably newbies with their first Vette.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The Corvette Wave should be in the owners manual. That won't work, no one reads that. :eyes:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I've had the same response a bunch. The other day I was cruising the beach area here and came up on a red vert C6 going the other way. We were in stop/go traffic so it was at like 15 mph. I gave him a wave and he snered at me.... I was like WTF dude. Then later that evening the g/f and I were going to eat and a Dude in a Silver vert C6 did it too.

However, on the way to Bowling Green, KY for the corvetteforum event I came up on a black C6 not far up the road in Richmond. He waved then we proceeded to run 'em through 4th gear. I put about five cars on him (I'm not stock). He came up with a grin from ear to ear then we parted ways.

Cya,
Brian

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sturgeon90293 said:
They're probably newbies with their first Vette.
That's it right there... they must think that waving or other association with drivers of "yesterday's model" is beneath someone who can afford a $50,000 car.... ;)

They just haven't taken their car back for service yet to experience the "fibreglass Cavalier" treatment - you know, where the dealer brings you back to earth and reminds you it's just a Chebby... ;) hehehe

·
Registered
70 Posts
"Not knowing" is not really an excuse. When I first bought my Z, I had no idea about the wave. The first time a vette owner waved I was caught off guard, but when the second vette driver waved, I realized there was something going on. I have never missed a wave since. It has to be some kind of attitude.

·
Registered
49 Posts
this thread is great, its funny that its coming up right now. because i just got my first corvette, a 02Z on july 6th. the day after, i was taking my friend for a ride and a C4 waved at me, i didnt have time to return it and i hardly seen it, my friend pointed it out, then started laughing his ass off, and said youre part of the club now. the next day a C5 gave me the wave then i knew i was in, it kinda feels good.

the same thing goes on with fbody owners too though, except we usually run em first, then greet afterwords.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've had some problems with the C6 drivers waving also. I only got waves from 2 out of about 6 that i've come across. :( I probably get about an 80% return rate with the rest of the Corvette models.

·
Registered
496 Posts
That is a problem - but different on my end.
Since I drive my C6 - and wave to C5 owners I never get back the love.... It is very often === I just get the looks and no more. Even when I pull in the light next to a C5 and try to converse with the other driver all i get is a look...
David

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Come to Texas and I'll show you a wave... ;) and with all 5 fingers as well :p hehe

·
Registered
260 Posts
Haven't had the wave ignore yet. My wife thinks it's silly, however she too has been waving. She's just mad because it seems I love the Z more than her.

The few C6's I have seen were not looking my way to wave...I guess they're not used to driving vettes.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Oh...the few C6's I have seen did have drivers that were much older than me (mid-40's here) and were "white-knuckling" the steering wheel with both hands...must be all automatics....

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Zippy said:
RC45:

Do you EVER have anything nice to say, about anything?

Zippy
Somehow I knew some geriatric would stumble into this thread all uptight and stuff.. ;)

I knew I should have titled the thread "New to Corvette C6 drivers are clueless... about the Corvette Family"

And to answer the question directly I have good things to say about a lot of stuff... but what's the point in only "spreading good news" all day everyday... there are enough do-gooders to cover everything.

Sometimes the truth just needs out. ;)

Besides - other than Garrett, every Houston C6 we have waved at, that has seen us waving, has given us dirty looks - it would seem those are the folks you should be talking to :) --- I am just trying my best to have a good time and "Save the Wave".

:)

Paul

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Zippy said:
RC45:

Do you EVER have anything nice to say, about anything?

Zippy

Paul is a great guy and one hell of a friend. He's a Corvette guy 120% and a great family man as well. Cut him some slack Mr. Zippy. :D :z:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've run into about 5 C'6s out here in northern cali,Everyone of them have waved back enthusiastically.One couple in a triple black convertible chased me down to wave at me.I believe a lot of people just don't know,Lets keep waving at them so they'll learn.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I wave all the time. I got about 50% return on my waves when I first got the car. Now I'm up to about 90%. I think my C6 has finally been accepted into the fold. ;)

1 - 20 of 191 Posts