Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have figured a thread with the actual time would have been started by now.

2 independant sources corroborated the time of 7m40s.

So much for the Blue Devil - that was the "regular" one setting those times. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UstaB-GS549 said:
Who are those independent sources?

I won't reveal them - but I am simply sharing what was revealed by some people who were at the 'Ring and saw for themselves :)

They have never passed bogus info before.

·
Registered
55 Posts
RC45 said:
I won't reveal them - but I am simply sharing what was revealed by some people who were at the 'Ring and saw for themselves :)
Did they do the timing themselves with a stopwatch or did they see the 'official' timing result? Do testers set up their own timing equipment such as the Longacre Hot Lap timer, or do they use sensors embedded below the track surface?

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gradenko said:
Did they do the timing themselves with a stopwatch or did they see the 'official' timing result? Do testers set up their own timing equipment such as the Longacre Hot Lap timer, or do they use sensors embedded below the track surface?
The way I understand is that "observers" have their own timer (probably hand) - but afterwards, the real participants do talk.

Similarly, observers noted that the Veyron ran there about 2 weeks ago - and was slower than a BMW Z3. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
That's big time Haulin' Arse!! :thumb:

·
Registered
83 Posts
RC45 said:
I would have figured a thread with the actual time would have been started by now.

If this is true, it's incredible! I believe the record for fastest lap in a production car is held by the Porsche Carrera GT at 7:32.44. Less than 8 seconds off of a $440,000 car.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
RC45 said:

I will believe it when I see it on paper or when GM releases the time

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zlicious said:
I will believe it when I see it on paper or when GM releases the time
Well considering the C5 Z06 was an unofficial time - SprotAuto didn't post it - so it's not an "official" official time - but rather an officially endorsed unofficla manufacturer time, you well get no more offical word from GM than the "official" comment on the side from Dave Hill and co about the C5 Z06 time.

:)

Afterall, GM haven't exactly published the C5 Z time - other than in passing (that may have been a hamd held time as well ;))

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
RC45 said:
Well considering the C5 Z06 was an unofficial time - SprotAuto didn't post it - so it's not an "official" official time - but rather an officially endorsed unofficla manufacturer time, you well get no more offical word from GM than the "official" comment on the side from Dave Hill and co about the C5 Z06 time.

Afterall, GM haven't exactly published the C5 Z time - other than in passing (that may have been a hamd held time as well ;))

If I were GM, I'd publicize the heck out of this. I do not understand why they would not, except possibly to keep insurance rates down.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Pardon my memory but what did the C5Z do?

Greg

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
01ZEE06 said:
It was the same as the C6: 7m 56s :guiness:
Where did this time come from? I keep seeing it crop up again and again.

It's cropped up quoting "Dave Hill GM test driver" as the pilot. We know Dave Hill didn't post this time :p

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
RC45 said:

Ok, I can understand that. But, isn't there any kind of publicized source that states the times for the C6 Z? I mean, one guy on DC.com says there is an article right now that states the 7.40, but he hasn't scanend it yet. Ultimately, I will want to atelast see something, anything on paper to believe that calim. jmo

Oh, and this is not to say that Don't beleive the time, it would just be mroe comforting for me to say "Hey, you don't beleive me, well here is proof"

;)

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well - If I am not mistaken, there is no more proof about the C5 Z06 time other than Dave Hill telling some folks at a Vette event in Bowling Green.

If he breaks silence about the C6 Z06 run, you'll get your proof. Until then - what if one of the many people who call Der Nurburgring "the office" where there to observe, and let's just say they "eavesdropped" the results. ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
It's an incredible time if this is true. I'd wait for some kind of press release, rather than someone posting on a forum, to confirm it though.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts