Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had read a while back that the C6 shifter has shorter throws than the C5. Has anyone tried the c6 shifter to see if it's any different? :z:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I have read some of the reviews. The improvement seems to be marginal over the stock C5 shifter. One guy took his Hurst out and installed the C6 and later put the Hurst back in. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It read that it was better but I have already cut mine down so the difference would be minimal for me. I just got a my C6 shifter knob today and put it on stock shifter, had to take another 1/2" of the shifter shaft and cut the shifter boot to open it up around the fat part of the shaft then stiched it up. I am dying the shifter knob black with shoe polish now, thanks for tip rpallas.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Millenium, glad you got your C6 knob. I sure love the feel of mine on the cutdown Mallett shifter. It fits the hand better than the MGW pistol grip, and you feel all leather. It doesn't get hot or cold like other aftermarket knobs. The black shoe polish does the trick; just treat it with leather conditioner once in awhile and you're good to go. Enjoy! :thumb:

Bob :D

·
Banned
809 Posts
Is it black shoe polish or die?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Shoe polish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts