Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5+ years before the C6 even came out, the Callaway C12 came pretty close in overall design. The only major difference is the rear bumper/tail light design (and I think the interior is the same as the C5), but the rest of the car looks pretty similar.
Other than that, it had about the same HP (440), and was just a hair more expensive at $128k... :D I just think it's funny.. the Z06 wasn't even out in 2000 -- pretty visionary stuff for Callaway...

They also squeezed 440HP out of the same 346 cu engine as the C5 Zee - they should put the same engine into the '01 Z06! (of course they probably didn't for $$ reasons) ;)

Check out the rest of the pics:

http://www.fast-autos.net/callaway/callawayc12.html

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The Callaway C12 is much more aggressive and better looking IMO :cheers:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was thinking the front of the C12 also looks a bit like the Ferrari Modena, which is more aggresive than GM went on the C6 -- the Modena is one of my favorite models of all time (right next to Gisele Bundchen...) :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
I do not think they are even close as the Callaway is much more swoopy and curvacious.

Nice pics though. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
the callaway looks good in that picture. overall its not that great and is way way overpriced. silly callaway. stick to the golf clubs with dad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts