Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had the choice of spending hard earned cash on a new C6Z or installing a LPE C5R427 TT in your C5Z what would you do??

·
Registered
79 Posts
LPE C5R427 TT... With no outside badging to keep it as stealth as possible. No need to let everyone know what you got til they smell the smokin rubber and see your car quickly disappear :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
It depends on what your ultimate goal is. If speed is the major criteria, the TT will leave the C6Z in the dust. If cost is a factor, or you don't plan on keeping the car for many years, the new car would probably be a better option. Face it, if you don't plan on keeping the car forever, the LPE TT is money down a rathole. Of course, this may not be a factor in your decision, I'm just thinking of how I'd choose. Either option is a winner.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree the resale after three or four years with the C5R will be a lost, but what fun for the time you own it!! I love the 03 Z and prefer the looks from the rear over the C6Z. If the C6 had the short rear window it would be a no brainer. I have my name in for an 07' C6Z now but the 427C5RTT sounds tempting. I'll take as much feed back as everone can give!!

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
I saw a major upgrade between my '96 LT-4 and the '01 Z.
Not just the motor but the overall car!
I have driven the C6 and I don't see or feel that same 'upgrade'!!
I'd go with the C5R motor and it wouldn't even have to be TT!!
I don't know that I need to 'light em up' at 100 mph in 4th just rolling into the throttle.................

Ken

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd go with the C6Z. I love the new look. It is an amazing car over all.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The new C6 is definitely a great car over all. However, the LPE C5R TT is a no brainer IMHO. If you are in it for resale, then its the new Z. But I just don't look at it that way. I want to enjoy the car for the time I own it and the C5 LPE TT is no slouch. Its a helluva car in its self. JMHO. LPE TT would be my choice.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Zippy said:
I'd go with the C6 Z06. :z:
:yeadog: For the same money, there is no question that I'd go with the C6 Z06. It's not just the engine that is different. The C6 Z has benefited from several years of R&D from Corvette Racing and I'm sure it's a helluva car.

Edit: I misread your thread and thought that you were referring to the C5R block, not the TT package. I don't know. The TT is almost too much car. I like to track the car and I can't see taking a TT to the track (road course). It's too much car and I'm sure that it's not nearly as reliable as a NA car at the extremes.

Sal

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
LPE TT the only reason I would sell mine now is to do a 427TT

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts