Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that currently has a C5 and is thinking now seriously of getting a new car. So today he calls me wanting my opinion on my C6Z over the C7 Z51. My problem is I'm a little biased and told him to look for 2011 or newer C6Z. We discussed the normal things like sub standard interior according to the car rags etc. Anyway I was wondering if I was being fair by recommending the C6Z over C7 Z51. I know Z51 is a good car but I like the rawness of the Z06. Any of you have a feeling one way or the other?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
How do you think he will use the car? Will it be a stick or an automatic? Is money an object?

He could get into all the trouble he needs with a C7 Grand Sport Z51 coming to you soon. It will have adequate street trouble making power along with the appearance of a Z.

Then again, I'm not trading in my C6Z for anything but C7Z. Each to his own. Ain't America great!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We live in St. Louis Missouri, so weather can factor in a bit. So far this year we've only had 3 real snow events, two were <3" and one ~4". He works for himself,, so if the roads are bad he doesn't have to go to his office. His current car is a C5 manual non Z coupe. He wants more performance because he's been reading up on the 2 cars I mentioned, he is pretty knowledgeable about the numbers. Right now his budget is mid 50's or less. This will be his DD, but has other cars in the household just prefers to dive vette's. Forgot to mention he is not real keen on the C7 body style, hasn't grown on him yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts