Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was down at Sebring today and had a unique opportunity. They had several C6 Coupes/Verts and 3 C6 Z's. I think this might be the first true side by side comparison pics posted on the net.

I took the opportunity to photograph specific parts of both the C6 and the C6 Z from the same angle, and I have created a set of side-by-side pics showing the differences. All of the pics show the C6 on the left and the C6 Z on the right. I found it interesting, I hope you do.

Frontal View - Notice the larger bottom intake area...

Front Wheel - check out the size of the caliper on the Z...

Side View:

Rear Wheel:

Tailpipes - Tips are much larger on the Z...

Rear Spoiler - Pronounces lip on the Z...

Rear Fender Flare - very noticable compared to the C6 fender...

Front Fender Flare - This caught me by surprose, not many folks talk about how much the front fender is flared...

Overall impression, now that I have seen it in person, is that the new Z is a very muscular looking car. I am still not thrilled with front end of the car, but it is certainly going to be a monster.

Mark

·
Registered
693 Posts
Nice side by side comparison. It helps a lot to pull out the differences. Thx for the effort. :thumb: I'll wait though for a notchback ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Gonna wait to see how they perform, but no doubt I'll get one when I pay off my current Z06...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Wow - great job with the pic comparion. I never realized how big that rear fender flare was. I think the side pics are the low point in that the car isn't any different from that angle.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Awesome pics..Wow, the Z looks soo much better.

I CANT WAIT to hear some performance numbers on this car...That is what i am really waiting for!!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Gotta have it in black. Black would help hide the ugly front grin.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
YEah!

Great pic comparison. :pp:

I would like to see the z06 in Black or the red if you have separate pictures.

Please post them up.

ENJOYED the side/side views.
-Bill.
Thank you. :thumb:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Great Job, How about posting some full length pics of the Z, red is one of the 2 colors I'm considering for mine and the only ones I've see are the rainy day pics outside of the Corvette muesum

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
mdickie said:
Was down at Sebring today and had a unique opportunity. They had several C6 Coupes/Verts and 3 C6 Z's. I think this might be the first true side by side comparison pics posted on the net.

I took the opportunity to photograph specific parts of both the C6 and the C6 Z from the same angle, and I have created a set of side-by-side pics showing the differences. All of the pics show the C6 on the left and the C6 Z on the right. I found it interesting, I hope you do.

Frontal View - Notice the larger bottom intake area...

Mark
For me it's very hard to notice the difference in size. The average person on the street it going to have a hard time telling the difference between the two cars from any angle. :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Thanks for the photos.

I am disappointed there is so little difference between the C6 and the Z; however, I still plan on buying one.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ha. My Grandma still can't tell the difference. It's not ugly, but it's not great looking and it's waaaay too similar to the regular coupe. But hey it's the inner beauty that counts, and that's what I really want it for. :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The DBK said:
Ha. My Grandma still can't tell the difference. It's not ugly, but it's not great looking and it's waaaay too similar to the regular coupe. But hey it's the inner beauty that counts, and that's what I really want it for. :yeadog:
That's it...I agree 100% :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
826 Posts
As the other guys said, I'd really like to see the black one too. Thanks.

Rich air and clear skies,
Austin

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great job with the pics I agree with the majority there is basically no disticntive visual differences between the C6 and the C6-ZO6. The casual observer misses the differences in most Corvettes anyway but WE those who actually buy and operate these machines appear to be generally shocked in the lack of differentiation. While heads are rolling at the top of GM someone ought to ask what the ho-hum easy way design was all about on the new ZO6??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts