Corvette Z06 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Not to sound like an A-hole but that cat in the black or dark C6-Z06 needs some shifting lessons. Also there is no way your going to get with the program without drag radials so when you do bang a shift the car won't go sideways or out of the groove. That driver may have been cautious who knows.

Thanks for the film it's a great one. :usa:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
After watching more and getting sicker listening to the shifting I forgot with all this torque and stock tires the driver may have been hazing the hell out of the tires between gears if the track was cold. No excuse for the poor times other then traction/track conditions and driver. The car has the power and probably is still tight:yeadog: yeadog:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The yellow Z06 has drag radials. I have a set and the car sounds the same when i shift. You can hear a definite difference between the stock tires and drag radials.

The world changed on my 02 when I got my drag radials. Times dropped 3/10s on the first run.

I'd say a new tight engine and probably (traction) spinning or hazing the tires for a long distance between shifts was the black C6-Z06s problems. :z: .

·
Registered
296 Posts
george said:
After watching more and getting sicker listening to the shifting I forgot with all this torque and stock tires the driver may have been hazing the hell out of the tires between gears if the track was cold. .......
Wonder if the run flats had something to do with this as well. It can't help. :idea:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Zlicious said:
Ahh..ok, the reason why i was asking is because the new Z was ending the 1/4 mile in third gear on every run that I saw, so when you said the top speed for the Z06 in 3rd gear is 125, i thought that the car will trap the highest ever at 125. Just an explanation to my thinking i guess..lol. Thanks.

Now, how do you know/figureout that the new Z will be in 4th gear around the 1000'?? Because if that is true, and knowing that the car shifts out of third and into 4th at 125 mph, that would mean that the car will yield 125+ mph traps..right?
When guys start modifying the new Z with tires and more hp they will need to shift into 4th in order to avoid hitting the limiter in 3rd because they will be trapping over 125 mph. Or, they can have the limiter raised. Thats all.
I agree 4.10s and tires on this car with a capable driver will be flirting with 10's.

·
Registered
296 Posts
427 C6 said:
Thanks for posting.
GREAT VIDEO !!!

First time the video downloaded as a text file but I have it now.

Thanks.
I've tried to load several videos on "home.comcast.net" and they were all text files. How did you get it to work? :eek:

Thanks,
augydog

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Linky no worky.

:-?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts