Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"The first person who is willing to pay $3,500 over the MSRP for our car will be the lucky winner of this auction. We guarantee that if you win this auction, you will only pay $3,500 over the MSRP with no additional hidden fees for a new Corvette Z06, you will have the right to choose your own color and options, and the car will be ready for delivery before the end of 2005 or you will be entitled and have the option to ask for your $10,000 non-refundable deposit back plus 10% APR in interest, no questions asked. "

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Interestisng to note Nelson Exotics (the ebay seller) states you can order your color and options, but yet, show a VIN # for the Z06 up for auction. If they already know the VIN #, how can the customer spec out options and color?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Zippy said:
Interestisng to note Nelson Exotics (the ebay seller) states you can order your color and options, but yet, show a VIN # for the Z06 up for auction. If they already know the VIN #, how can the customer spec out options and color?
My guess is that they made it up. I think you have to supply a VIN to list it. I've seen others make up VINs before when they were selling a car that did not yet exist.

·
Registered
576 Posts
No doubt that this is some enterprising clown on a waiting list hoping to flip the car for profit without ever shelling out any money of his own. It is sad that this goes on for many limited production items which only drives up the cost for everyone else. There is already a joker on the other forum trying to peddle his position (and he claims to have several) with a supporting forum dealer.

GOLD72

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Simply put that sickens me. These people could care less about the car just the money they can make from enthusiasts etc. Creeps.

Also I see on another forum some guy "looks" like he's selling his spots ( more then one) on a couple dealers lists he's on to people who want to buy them. I find this disturbing. He states he will put them on E-bay if no one on that forum give him X amount of $$$ for the spots. Preplanned ops it looks like to gouge
us?

I don't know maybe it' me but find this disturbing that the scabs are out now wanting to make money off us when all we want is the car. Just my opinion, but then again I'm just a car guy not whatever they are. :cool:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I just noticed 50 miles odometer, He/she is planning on getting it and test driving for 50 miles, it could be taken to the 1/4 mile and make 200 passes :screwy: he's giving himself room on the 50 miles for play time without complaints :mah:

to me Brand new is 1.5 to 2 miles at most, anything over that is used, both cars I bought brand new were never test droven before I bought them either, I once broke a clutch in half while test driving :sneaky: Revenge is best served cold :sneaky: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
576 Posts
george said:
Simply put that sickens me. These people could care less about the car just the money they can make from enthusiasts etc. Creeps.

Also I see on another forum some guy "looks" like he's selling his spots ( more then one) on a couple dealers lists he's on to people who want to buy them. I find this disturbing. He states he will put them on E-bay if no one on that forum give him X amount of $$$ for the spots. Preplanned ops it looks like to gouge
us?

I don't know maybe it' me but find this disturbing that the scabs are out now wanting to make money off us when all we want is the car. Just my opinion, but then again I'm just a car guy not whatever they are. :cool:
I agree totally George. I have been taking him to task on this over there.

GOLD72

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I just noticed 50 miles odometer, He/she is planning on getting it and test driving for 50 miles, it could be taken to the 1/4 mile and make 200 passes :screwy: he's giving himself room on the 50 miles for play time without complaints :mah:

to me Brand new is 1.5 to 2 miles at most, anything over that is used, both cars I bought brand new were never test droven before I bought them either, I once broke a clutch in half while test driving :sneaky: Revenge is best served cold :sneaky: :rofl: :rofl:
Brings up a good question. How many miles should one expect on a brand new car delivered to the dealer for pickup?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
johniew398 said:
Brings up a good question. How many miles should one expect on a brand new car delivered to the dealer for pickup?

No more then 6.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
johniew398 said:
like I mentioned before, 2 miles for getting on the truck, getting off, service and check at dealer and parking time to time, at 6 miles could have been on test drive, and If I test drove it you dont want it :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
449 Posts
As for the miles, I know they have a short test track at the plant. I saw two Z06's being tested a couple of weeks ago with the protective tape/covering still on it from production. One black one came in and a silver one was waiting to go out.

I believe the track is 4 miles.

Maybe someone else can confirm that.

As for the VIN the guy did state that he used a C6 from another car and that Ebay requires a VIN.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Zip,

If you read the ebay ad, you will see how he explains the VIN and miledge issue.

Joe

Zippy said:

·
Registered
148 Posts
george said:
Wow,

I see this from a totally different perspective. I'm a car guy and whatever they are, which I think is a capitalist.

Someone saw a potential demand, did the work necessary to get themselves on the top of a list somewhere and is willing to sell that effort to someone else for $3,500.00.

None of us has to pay that $3,500.00.

We could either wait, or we could have done the work that this person did and gotten at the top of a line somewhere with a large allocation.

What's wrong with that?

·
Registered
891 Posts
The plant used to do an audit on a small percentage of cars coming off the assembly line & these cars might have miles put on them as part of the audit process. A friend requested this and his car (a C4) arrived at dealer with 75 miles on the clock. He was present when it came off the trailer.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Tom Steele said:
We could either wait, or we could have done the work that this person did and gotten at the top of a line somewhere with a large allocation.

What's wrong with that?
Tom - The concern I have in regards to forum dealers who honor MSRP pricing or less (all???) is that the supporting dealers will have no incentive to continue to do so if those persons on the list can simply sell or assign the spot to someone else of their choosing for profit or any other compensation. If profiteering is allowed, then the dealers will want a cut of that action as well and that will be accomplished by selling above MSRP. If the spot has monetary value due demand, then that implies MSRP is too low a price and a dealer markup is needed. I don't want to see that Pandora's box opened. I have yet to see any one reply to this concern. In most cases, the dealers are merely granting you an opportunity to buy a car and you confirm your good faith with a deposit toward that future purchase. In most cases, one is not buying a spot on a waiting list with that deposit. The prospective buyer is not acquiring a tangible asset (spot on a list) that a buyer can sell unless the dealer wants to grant that right.

GOLD72

·
Registered
63 Posts
GOLD72 said:
I agree totally George. I have been taking him to task on this over there.

GOLD72
Who cares really? Give me his info I'll take him up on his offer. How is that any different than if he bought the car then sold it to me for profit? More power to him.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
GOLD72 said:
Tom - The concern I have in regards to forum dealers who honor MSRP pricing or less (all???) is that the supporting dealers will have no incentive to continue to do so if those persons on the list can simply sell or assign the spot to someone else of their choosing for profit or any other compensation. If profiteering is allowed, then the dealers will want a cut of that action as well and that will be accomplished by selling above MSRP. If the spot has monetary value due demand, then that implies MSRP is too low a price and a dealer markup is needed. I don't want to see that Pandora's box opened. I have yet to see any one reply to this concern. In most cases, the dealers are merely granting you an opportunity to buy a car and you confirm your good faith with a deposit toward that future purchase. In most cases, one is not buying a spot on a waiting list with that deposit. The prospective buyer is not acquiring a tangible asset (spot on a list) that a buyer can sell unless the dealer wants to grant that right.

GOLD72

This is easy; all the dealers have to do to stop this cold is to have you sign a buyer's order when you put down your pre-production deposit that makes it clear the spots are non-transferable and any attempt at transfer is void. Simple.

I think the dealers love this kind of hype. Action is action, and it generates interest. Besides, no one has to buy.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Focker said:
you will be entitled and have the option to ask for your $10,000 non-refundable deposit back plus 10% APR in interest, no questions asked.
How the heck does that work?! :screwy: You can get a refund of your non-refundable money... or he just saying, "yes, you can ask for it all you want, but I'm not gonna give it to you."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts