Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if the princess sweet talking Dave Hill last night had anything to do with it or not but a black C6 Z showed up at the strip today at the Birthday Bash. First of all the conditions were terrible. Temp was in the upper 40s, a stiff wind and several periods of light rain. So the first run was mid 13's and he lost to a C5 coupe with a supercharger. Next run was not much better. He finally got a 12.5 before we left. I do not know if he ran anymore after we left or not. Also I did not know the gentleman driving but his reaction times were not the greatest. I have some video if anyone wants to host it. One last note, I did not like the exhaust note at wide open throttle. A bit tinny sounding to me. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Love to see the Vid, Someone host this Please :z:

·
Registered
107 Posts
lasmith2112 said:
Dont know if the princess sweet talking Dave Hill last night had anything to do with it or not but a black C6 Z showed up at the strip today at the Birthday Bash. First of all the conditions were terrible. Temp was in the upper 40s, a stiff wind and several periods of light rain. So the first run was mid 13's and he lost to a C5 coupe with a supercharger. Next run was not much better. He finally got a 12.5 before we left. I do not know if he ran anymore after we left or not. Also I did not know the gentleman driving but his reaction times were not the greatest. I have some video if anyone wants to host it. One last note, I did not like the exhaust note at wide open throttle. A bit tinny sounding to me. :cheers:
best run was a 12.06 best trap 123.9

·
Registered
7,548 Posts

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
124 mph trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yee Haw buddy, can't wait till 07 when mine is paid off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
124 trap with terrible conditions....wow

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
124 :jawdrop: that car rocks !
What were his shifts like - was he babying it - or slamming it ?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I may have to call :bs: unless someone shows the video...Why was it there? Was it a test mule? Video Please...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Looks lke we have some conflicting times here..According to Zippy, his buddy saw the Z run and his buddy told Zippy the following...

"Track conditions were very poor and the car turned a 12.2, at 126.7 mph! WOW! I was impressed, and have no reason to dis-trust my two buddies. Yes, it was a GM pre-productiomn car, and I have not confirmed who was driving it....I'll try to find out, and post that after returning home"

Which is it? 126.7 or 123.9?? Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
91 Posts
KCMAGS said:
124 MPH tell's the story & it's a good one. :jammin:

That 124mph trap was into a 20-25 MPH headwind! :yeadog: I have no doubt this car will easily trap 126-127 MPH in good conditions. I also noticed (probably due to poor track conditions) that the car was not being launched very well. I don't have the numbers, but I highly doubt there were any 60 foot times below 2 seconds. The car was also nosing over on the shifts, especially the 2-3. Basically, I think there is a bunch more performance in this car than the 12.0 it ran. :jammin: One other thing about the car is that it sounds awesome at full throttle! When the valves in the mufflers open at 3500 rpm, you have the effect of straight pipes. :thumb: Overall, I was very impressed with the new Z06, and I am planning to buy a second year model.

Dave

·
Registered
91 Posts
Zlicious said:
Looks lke we have some conflicting times here..According to Zippy, his buddy saw the Z run and his buddy told Zippy the following...

"Track conditions were very poor and the car turned a 12.2, at 126.7 mph! WOW! I was impressed, and have no reason to dis-trust my two buddies. Yes, it was a GM pre-productiomn car, and I have not confirmed who was driving it....I'll try to find out, and post that after returning home"

Which is it? 126.7 or 123.9?? Can anyone confirm?

When I left at 5:30, the car was parked, and it's best mph at that point was 123.97 MPH. I'm sure it's possible that it may have run later, but don't think it's likely it could have run 126.7 MPH into that headwind.

Dave

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Trap speeds ranging from 124 to 127 mph is awesome for the new C6 Z06.

This cars going to kick @ss but also why it needs a dual clutch sequential shifter..(placed in this thread in case GM's watching! :lol: )

1 - 20 of 70 Posts