Corvette Z06 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Ok I will add my .02 I stayed until 5:00 and the best mph was 123.97 there was a c5 z06 c5r that ran 126.7 mph. There were multiple drivers of the new z06 I saw at least 3 different men, and two women take it down the 1320. I have several videos that I will try and give to a friend to post, they were from a dvd camcorder and my laptop wont run it for some reason. Like stated earlier the conditions were terrible, I believe based off of the 123.97 trap speed it will go mid low 11's. I never new the driver could make such a difference even in mph. I believe 1 or maybe not even 1 driver actually took it to redline and launching it on street tires just isnt realistic :z:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
tabratton said:
Ok I will add my .02 I stayed until 5:00 and the best mph was 123.97 there was a c5 z06 c5r that ran 126.7 mph. There were multiple drivers of the new z06 I saw at least 3 different men, and two women take it down the 1320. I have several videos that I will try and give to a friend to post, they were from a dvd camcorder and my laptop wont run it for some reason. Like stated earlier the conditions were terrible, I believe based off of the 123.97 trap speed it will go mid low 11's. I never new the driver could make such a difference even in mph. I believe 1 or maybe not even 1 driver actually took it to redline and launching it on street tires just isnt realistic :z:
Thanks Terrance. So many numbers I could just not remember everything. One thing for sure though it was damn cold!!!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Third video added to post number 30. :cool:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
lasmith2112 said:
Thanks Terrance. So many numbers I could just not remember everything. One thing for sure though it was damn cold!!!

No problem, yeah it was cold I got smart when you left I went and got in the car and parked along side the track so I could see :z:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Awesome videos, lasmith2112. Thanks a bunch. This new Z is going to be a very bad boy straight out of the box.

I do have bone to pick with GM. How could they be sooooo [email protected] stupid? Why would you keep such a tight lid on all the test numbers by your real drivers and then have some cronnies from the GM Executives (inexperienced moron drivers, very obvious from the videos) expose this beauty in front all eyes in the public? What a God Damn Dumb Move!!!

The first time running the new Z in front of the public should be a marketed event with your best test drivers. That's why the domestics are losing shares in the market. Because the people in charge are [email protected] morons.

Just imagine what buzz it would create if they had done this the right way: Have the C6R team put one a show in front of the public as a perfect advertising and marketing gizmo.

DAVE HILL: Where the hell were you? I thought you were smarter than this!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sorry about the whine!

The #'s are truly exciting for us fans of the Vette. But the negative conontation from this is that, non-fans are going to say: "Oh this new Z06 sucked. It ran 12'4" all day. It's slow!"

It really pisses me off that GM put so much resources into this new Z and they somehow manage to [email protected] it up without trying. I mean, what is the point of all the secrecy just a few weeks ago with all the tests they were doing at the proving ground. It was mentioned on this board taht the GM employees at the test site weren't allowed to wear their wrist watches. WTF for then if you are going to let some morons run them on a day with terrible conditions.

God damn, they are stupid!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
TetraU said:
Sorry about the whine!

The #'s are truly exciting for us fans of the Vette. But the negative conontation from this is that, non-fans are going to say: "Oh this new Z06 sucked. It ran 12'4" all day. It's slow!"

It really pisses me off that GM put so much resources into this new Z and they somehow manage to [email protected] it up without trying. I mean, what is the point of all the secrecy just a few weeks ago with all the tests they were doing at the proving ground. It was mentioned on this board taht the GM employees at the test site weren't allowed to ware their wrist watches. WTF for then if you are going to let some morons run a them on a bad conditioned day.

God damn, they are stupid!
Relax brutha..:) they can say all they want regarding the 12.4 ET. That isn't what shows power. Anyone that knows anything about cars will tell you that ET is irrelevant to the potential of the car. It is all about the trap speed. 124 mph trap with a crappy driver, a passenger in the car, and bad driving is DAMN impressive. This car already has the SRT-10 beat with terrible circumstances..and even a Gen II is no joke. I think we should all be damn proud at this moment!! :jammin:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Zlicious said:
Relax brutha..:) they can say all they want regarding the 12.4 ET. That isn't what shows power. Anyone that knows anything about cars will tell you that ET is irrelevant to the potential of the car. It is all about the trap speed. 124 mph trap with a crappy driver, a passenger in the car, and bad driving is DAMN impressive. This car already has the SRT-10 beat with terrible circumstances..and even a Gen II is no joke. I think we should all be damn proud at this moment!! :jammin:
Keep in mind as the car hooks better the trap speed may go down depending on alot of circumstances. I still believe a mid 11 at 125 plus is possible. I would say 127-128 mph would be due to wheelspin and a very bad 60'.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Zlicious said:
You are absolutely right, Zlicious. This baby is scarily fast right out of the box. I WILL get one probably in year 2, when they work out all the kinks.

I ahven't been this excited about a engine since they introduced the LS1 in 97. That was just the engine. This new Z's whole setup is unbelievable. It is the most balanced (price, power, agility, looks, handling, driviblity, ease of maintainance, etc.) :usa: sportcar :usa: ever produced for the general public, imo. I love it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just watched the third video and realize that the Z had a good jump from the start and it just seem to lose steam as the blue older Z over took it. It beat it by something like a 12.2xx/121.xx over the black Z's 12.3xx/119.xx. Can't quite read the board clearly. Anyone else want to add to that?

It looked like the driver in the black Z was shifting at 5000rpm.

·
Registered
296 Posts
What we need to do is get a hold of the driver who drove the blue Z in the 3rd video and ask him what mods he's got in his EB C5Z.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
OTOH, the cars didn't always have passengers, and not all current owners are hero drivers. Truth is, there are enough current models out there with the same or similar horsepower to have a good idea of what it's capable of.

After 5-8 years of technological progress and in view of the completely different design/development philosophy (and the higher price point), comparing it to the previous car is comparing apples to oranges. One is basically a hot-rodded base car; the other is purpose-built.

Given that, the performance of the earlier car is perhaps even more amazing.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
TetraU said:
What we need to do is get a hold of the driver who drove the blue Z in the 3rd video and ask him what mods he's got in his EB C5Z.
The eb z06 was stock on the 12.1 115-117mph ranges( with bfg drag radials), when spraying it ran 11.5 at 126 :eek: the 121 run he probably didnt spray until the top end( not sure I havent asked him)

·
Registered
296 Posts
tabratton said:
The eb z06 was stock on the 12.1 115-117mph ranges( with bfg drag radials), when spraying it ran 11.5 at 126 :eek: the 121 run he probably didnt spray until the top end( not sure I havent asked him)
Thanks Tab! That explains why the EB C5Z ran away from the new Z at the end.

IF we get some real driver in the new Z, your buddy would have to turn on the jet all the way through to stay in the fight. :pp:

Could you possibly get him to post his in-person experience running the new Z? :z:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
TetraU said:
Thanks Tab! That explains why the EB C5Z ran away from the new Z at the end.

IF we get some real driver in the new Z, your buddy would have to turn on the jet all the way through to stay in the fight. :pp:

Could you possibly get him to post his in-person experience running the new Z? :z:

I will try but I dont think he post on the board, I will tell you he is a good driver, I would have like to have seen what the new Z would have run with him driving :D

41 - 60 of 70 Posts