Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John Hienricy drove a pre-production (I think) red C6 Z06 to the SCCA double National at Pocono this weekend. I am eating dinner with the gang tonight, and I expect him to bring it along. Neat looking car, that's for sure.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Very :coo:

Will he track it?

I met him for the first time 2 weeks ago at my engine builders place in Anaheim, CA....Superior Automotive Engineering. I'm getting a C5R engine built.....it's suppose to be in GM High Tech Magazine in the October or November edition. Goal is 750 at the crank :crazy:

Anyway, nice guy. I recognized him from pix I'd seen. He showed me pix on his laptop of him at Nurburgring in that blue C6 Z06.....He said he turned 7 min 42 sec also. When he was driving and got air all 4 tires were like 8-10" off the track and it looked very level compared to those pix of Jan Magnussen at the same place.

He had his Piloti shoes on and there were a whole bunch of GM people there filming with 2 camera's, a microphone boom guy, a script girl and a director.....

They were filming for a Tuner Comparo for the Speed Channel using 2 Cobalts. They rented one of Superiors Dyno's. The stock one had a smaller pulley on the SC and exhaust mods and tuning and did 225-250 rwhp. THEN, they unloaded the Cobalt Race Car with 300 rwhp, which had all sorts of brake and suspension mods.

There will be 2 other cars compared with the Cobalt....a VW Jetta and an old Nissan Skyline with about the same HP. John will be running the Cobalt race car at the Buttonwillow Track near Bakersfield. He may have already done this by now.

The Cobalt Race Car looked bitchen.

Let us know if he tracks the new Z :thumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
01ZEE06 said:
Very :coo:

Will he track it?

I met him for the first time 2 weeks ago at my engine builders place in Anaheim, CA....Superior Automotive Engineering. I'm getting a C5R engine built.....it's suppose to be in GM High Tech Magazine in the October or November edition. Goal is 750 at the crank :crazy:

Anyway, nice guy. I recognized him from pix I'd seen. He showed me pix on his laptop of him at Nurburgring in that blue C6 Z06.....He said he turned 7 min 42 sec also. When he was driving and got air all 4 tires were like 8-10" off the track and it looked very level compared to those pix of Jan Magnussen at the same place.

He had his Piloti shoes on and there were a whole bunch of GM people there filming with 2 camera's, a microphone boom guy, a script girl and a director.....

They were filming for a Tuner Comparo for the Speed Channel using 2 Cobalts. They rented one of Superiors Dyno's. The stock one had a smaller pulley on the SC and exhaust mods and tuning and did 225-250 rwhp. THEN, they unloaded the Cobalt Race Car with 300 rwhp, which had all sorts of brake and suspension mods.

There will be 2 other cars compared with the Cobalt....a VW Jetta and an old Nissan Skyline with about the same HP. John will be running the Cobalt race car at the Buttonwillow Track near Bakersfield. He may have already done this by now.

The Cobalt Race Car looked bitchen.

Let us know if he tracks the new Z :thumb:

:lol: Bitchen? That come right after BOSS back with the Beach Boys. What a great time that was! Where is my surf board?:coo: :D

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John is driving a Phoenix Performanc prepared C5 Z06 in the races this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts