Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I went to the dealer today and test drove a new C6 Convertible. I got to talking with the sales manager and he said he just received the info for the c6 z06 and the base price is going to be $65k... It'll be interesting to see how exact that is.. Anywho just thought I'd share... Bt the way, the c6 didn't seem quite as fast as I would have hoped.... Maybe it's just because the ride is a little smoother and less "racey" than the z06, since I know they should be about the same in performance...

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Another salesman with different price? I've read threads saying starting at below and well above that. We'll all know soon. :usa:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
If it's 65K then a lot of guys will step up for one. Maybe even me. You only live once. I was broke when I came into this world, may as well go out the same way. Beside's the seats look comfortable enough to sleep in. To much maintenance on this damn house anyway. I could sleep in a different driveway every night.

D.J. :zboobie: :zboobie:

·
Registered
179 Posts
George,
Sure respect your opinion considering your neat Corvette & muscle car heritage. As my first vette being a '62 and my current means of transportation being a '66 476 cu in, Chevelle 110 octane only and a motorcyle being a 2005 999 Ducati. hey I live in California.
I like stuff thats intersting, the new Z seems like a nice commutor type deal with respectable hp. Needles to say the 600+hp Chevelle sits in parking lot type driving lots, and a $1200 alloy radiator and electric fan deal sure is the cure. For a car that burns 6.50 a gal fuel.
Which makes for a smaller striking range than a Me 262.
As the Ducati has no problem with any of that, as lane spliting a legal deal here in Cal.
To me the new Z is another neat toy, which I compare to a God forbid, 427 Shelby Cobra. And if the price gets crazy will buy toy choice #2. A new/old CSX4000 series Shelby Cobra.
As I just don't make enough for a real Zora Grand Sport, Ford GT40, or a Ferrari GTO, yet.
fred

george said:
Another salesman with different price? I've read threads saying starting at below and well above that. We'll all know soon. :usa:

·
Registered
100 Posts
tonto said:
George,
Sure respect your opinion considering your neat Corvette & muscle car heritage. As my first vette being a '62 and my current means of transportation being a '66 476 cu in, Chevelle 110 octane only and a motorcyle being a 2005 999 Ducati. hey I live in California.
I like stuff thats intersting, the new Z seems like a nice commutor type deal with respectable hp. Needles to say the 600+hp Chevelle sits in parking lot type driving lots, and a $1200 alloy radiator and electric fan deal sure is the cure. For a car that burns 6.50 a gal fuel.
Which makes for a smaller striking range than a Me 262.
As the Ducati has no problem with any of that, as lane spliting a legal deal here in Cal.
To me the new Z is another neat toy, which I compare to a God forbid, 427 Shelby Cobra. And if the price gets crazy will buy toy choice #2. A new/old CSX4000 series Shelby Cobra.
As I just don't make enough for a real Zora Grand Sport, Ford GT40, or a Ferrari GTO, yet.
fred

Tonto, As a big 427 Cobra fan you will need to look into the pricing on the Cobra. What I mean by this is that there is TREMENDOUS difficulty getting a continuation series due to the backlog. SAI wants a 50% deposit for the alum. body cars which = 55k +/- with a 427 Genesis block. You can have a superformance for 55k but the build isn't as nice and the resale is good but not near as good as a SAI (Shelby American Industries) continuation car. The 427 is truly a toy that can't be used in wet or extreme climates (very warm or cold) as there is no a/c...some have heat but that is suspect. Rebuilt 427s puke oil a good bit. I have no less than a zillion hours researching a Kirkham/SAI....etc. Just my .02. The vette is much, much more practical.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
$65K. Tired of the guessing game. GM knows what they are going to charge so they should just tell us.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
johniew398 said:
$65K. Tired of the guessing game. GM knows what they are going to charge so they should just tell us.

I agree :ity: Just announce it "GM"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts