Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by my brother his business partner has pulled his spot off a dealers list because he can't wait out half the summer to just find out what the prices are on the C6 Z06.

I told him it would be late June months ago but see his point.

I suppose the constant questioning of when you gettng the new Z06 finally wore him down.

I guess a lot of us are getting that way too. I'm getting seconds thoughts now myself. It's getting hard on all of us so stay patient. :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sorry, but that reasoning doesen't make any sense to me. What's the harm of staying on the list until you find out the price? No matter what the price is, no one is going to be driving the car until fall at the earliest. :z:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
nah, i saw the car again yesterday. got to touch it and stick my head in it... anyway it's gonna be sick. i can deal with the wait.

the guy there was going to start it and rev it for me. i had my video camera all setup. the damn battery had died from people touching the door handles all day. damn people.

·
Registered
515 Posts
How can any true Corvette fancier not wait for the most brute force with finesse Corvette? This is the car to own if you want the best vette ever!! :zboobie:

·
Registered
469 Posts
God I hate customers. They do stupid things all the time. Like pull their name off a reservation list because they got impatient.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I can wait. I'm staying right where I am. This car will be a must have! :cheers:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've got to tell you, I've got a bit of information fatigue myself. It wouldn't be so bad if Dave Hill and Co weren't so obsessed with making tons of vague suggestions, with a history of those suggestions being not quite right.

Like Grandma will be able to tell the difference, we're going to compete with europe on the interior, etc...Obviously those aren't true, so maybe his idea of a price that will pleasantly surprise is 79,980. :lol:

It's not that I particularly care either way, I just think it's lame to let the hype machine run for so long. Capitalize while you can!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I waited this long,GM is not buiding them until July anyway,will not expect to get it until september october so gives me more time to SAVE up more money$$$$ :thumb:

·
Registered
203 Posts
The DBK said:
I've got to tell you, I've got a bit of information fatigue myself. It wouldn't be so bad if Dave Hill and Co weren't so obsessed with making tons of vague suggestions, with a history of those suggestions being not quite right.
QUOTE]

You know, I just thought another stupid lame thread. But.... some truth to it. I am low on the list, won't drop off. Still there are sooooo many pre-production models around; they are autocrossing, drag racing, showing up at bake sales, etc..

But production will start slow, no real cars in customer's hands till august at best, no price, no performance numbers and yes a lot of vague statements (e.g. pleasantly surprised with price, mid 11s,). There just seems to be this big empty space right now.

Bob

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Build date vs pre-delivery date 2002 Z06 vs 2006 Z06

My 02 Z06 was built 07/26/01 and pre-delivery cycle date was 08/07/01 and sold 08/22/01. :screwy:

Why are some threads saying it's going to be Sept. or this fall for those 1st in line to get theirs? :cry:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Dropped my number when I saw the big a$$ window in the back to much glass for me I'll keep my 03 and my 64 :sneaky: Hopefully they will go back to the smaller back window cause the current design make me want to :puke: To each his own :roll:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It Rips said:
Dropped my number when I saw the big a$$ window in the back to much glass for me I'll keep my 03 and my 64 :sneaky: Hopefully they will go back to the smaller back window cause the current design make me want to :puke: To each his own :roll:
I agree with you. I like the C5 fixed hard top better as well. But with the basic body design of all other C6's now on the assembly line it's going to be faster/cheaper make them. Othen then carbon fiber parts and fastener etc. Thus no fu**ing reasoning to jack us around on the prices. I still say no higher then $57,600.00 on the base coupe. And to all those a-holes who aren't even buying a Z06 or have a corvette period stop the BS on this forum and get a like. :bmad:

·
Registered
240 Posts
george said:
I agree with you. I like the C5 fixed hard top better as well. But with the basic body design of all other C6's now on the assembly line it's going to be faster/cheaper make them. Othen then carbon fiber parts and fastener etc. Thus no fu**ing reasoning to jack us around on the prices. I still say no higher then $57,600.00 on the base coupe. And to all those a-holes who aren't even buying a Z06 or have a corvette period stop the BS on this forum and get a like. :bmad:
I agree about that price too...54-58k max...

also, where are performance numbers??? [email protected]?--maybe not...i doubt it...more like [email protected](still not bad)...

Porsche cayman goes for 58,900k---is 06 going to cost more ? hm,

·
Registered
104 Posts
If everyone would stop foaming at the mouth and not get on a list, GM would NOT be playing this game with the future Z06 owners!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
meadowz06 said:
If everyone would stop foaming at the mouth and not get on a list, GM would NOT be playing this game with the future Z06 owners!
No kidding. As you read there are cats dropping off the lists because they have read all the BS stories of MSRP adjusted prices like they did in 1990 on the ZR1. This is causing a constant attrition rate. My parachute is ready when they release the price and if it is out of this world I'm jumping. :jammin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts