Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got my exhaust installed this weekend. Part Number 14164. 3" Corsa Sport Catback.

All I can say is wow. Anybody who still has the stock exhaust even with mild to wild switch, let me tell you you're missing out. I thought for a while that it was loud enough with stock and M2W switch. Wrong. And its really not even level of sound that's so amazing its the tone and growl. I used to love the way mustangs sounded but this really puts them to shame (never thought i'd say that).

The really interesting thing is that there is zero drone and its really quiet when you want it to be. But lay into it, and its a different story. Just really satisfied, to a point of deciding not to do cam, or long tubes or even an x-pipe for sound. Its perfect with the stock H, cats, and Corsa sport. Best 1600$ I've ever spent.

Below are a couple videos :pop: I did this weekend. Sorry for bad camera work where applicable:

Short Burst passing a car (sorry for music):
C6 Z06 corsa sport short burst - YouTube

Revs in the car wash:
C6 Z06 Corsa sport interior revs - YouTube

Idle and Revs in the Garage:
C6 Z06 Corsa sport idle and revs exterior - YouTube

I'll do some more videos next week of interior driving, drive bys, start ups, etc...

·
9,755 Posts
Sounds good! :gjob: Corsa is definitely one of the best :thumb:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A couple of notes since I've had the exhaust on for a little while.

1. Gas mileage decreases significantly in the first couple of weeks! :doh: , LOL no, its not as result of a faulty product but it just sounds so darn good after 2500rpm you just can't stay out of the throttle! Back to normal now though!

2. There really is ZERO drone with this product. I'm actually an old school mustang/flowmaster fan and I really liked the drone back in the day. But maybe i'm getting old... Its really nice to be able to have a conversation with the passenger without having to yell.

3. I did get the correct kit for the 09, I had read there were some issues with noise or rubbing on the frame and oddly enough the guys I had do the install were from a local shop who had never really dealt with Vettes before but they did a really good job. Only problem was there really was very little space and they did they best they could but I did notice a little frame rubbing on the passenger side muffler when hitting hard bumps at low speed or backing off a drop off driveway slowly. So I got up under the car (at home, FYI Rhino ramps you can back up with no issues) and loosened the catback from the midpipe and tweaked it literally less than a 1/4 inch and it's perfect unless you hit something with the exhaust or intentionally pull the mufflers away from the hangers. I know there was limited space but it woulda been nice if Corsa had reduced the muffler case size by like a half inch in width ... Even if you tweak the over axle pipe left or right theres limited space for it as well so where I have it now there's literally less than a half inch of tolerance (left or right) for rubbing. I guess I just think for a kit that can be installed at home with no cutting or welding, they might have done a little more sizing research to accommodate for limited space. But still no complaints, I guess everything can't be idiot proof.

But all in all No complaints. It sounds amazing and I know this sounds like bs, but I swear a feel a little seat of the pants dyno improvements... Couldn't be more than 5-10 hp if that but it does feel a bit peppier at WOT.

Highly recommend this to anyone who thinks factory (even with M2W) is not enough but still have emissions stuff to deal with and can't lose Cats. It's loud when it needs to be and quiet when you want it to be.

Nuff said
:coo:

·
Registered
5 Posts
A couple of notes since I've had the exhaust on for a little while.

1. Gas mileage decreases significantly in the first couple of weeks! :doh: , LOL no, its not as result of a faulty product but it just sounds so darn good after 2500rpm you just can't stay out of the throttle! Back to normal now though!

2. There really is ZERO drone with this product. I'm actually an old school mustang/flowmaster fan and I really liked the drone back in the day. But maybe i'm getting old... Its really nice to be able to have a conversation with the passenger without having to yell.

3. I did get the correct kit for the 09, I had read there were some issues with noise or rubbing on the frame and oddly enough the guys I had do the install were from a local shop who had never really dealt with Vettes before but they did a really good job. Only problem was there really was very little space and they did they best they could but I did notice a little frame rubbing on the passenger side muffler when hitting hard bumps at low speed or backing off a drop off driveway slowly. So I got up under the car (at home, FYI Rhino ramps you can back up with no issues) and loosened the catback from the midpipe and tweaked it literally less than a 1/4 inch and it's perfect unless you hit something with the exhaust or intentionally pull the mufflers away from the hangers. I know there was limited space but it woulda been nice if Corsa had reduced the muffler case size by like a half inch in width ... Even if you tweak the over axle pipe left or right theres limited space for it as well so where I have it now there's literally less than a half inch of tolerance (left or right) for rubbing. I guess I just think for a kit that can be installed at home with no cutting or welding, they might have done a little more sizing research to accommodate for limited space. But still no complaints, I guess everything can't be idiot proof.

But all in all No complaints. It sounds amazing and I know this sounds like bs, but I swear a feel a little seat of the pants dyno improvements... Couldn't be more than 5-10 hp if that but it does feel a bit peppier at WOT.

Highly recommend this to anyone who thinks factory (even with M2W) is not enough but still have emissions stuff to deal with and can't lose Cats. It's loud when it needs to be and quiet when you want it to be.

Nuff said
:coo:
Thanks for the great review. I'm currently running Long-tubes back into the stock exahust (w/ M2W) and have found that the car runs under three conditions:

1) Idle - Sounds Great - Nice Strong Burble, as a 427 should have
2) Driving Around Town (1500 rpm - 2000 rpm) - Drone like crazy. Like you, I've always thought the mustangs sound amazing, and I'm shocked at the amount of drone that it puts out in Wild mode.
3) Heavy Throttle - Phenomenal, but I'm assuming just like stock (I bought the car with the headers and m2w switch).

Sounds like this takes care of most of the issues and leaves a lot of the great parts. I DD my Z (and end up with a fair amount of road trips betwen D.C. and Charlotte), so anything with a highway drone is bound to get old after a bit. Anyway, thanks again!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the great review. I'm currently running Long-tubes back into the stock exahust (w/ M2W) and have found that the car runs under three conditions:

1) Idle - Sounds Great - Nice Strong Burble, as a 427 should have
2) Driving Around Town (1500 rpm - 2000 rpm) - Drone like crazy. Like you, I've always thought the mustangs sound amazing, and I'm shocked at the amount of drone that it puts out in Wild mode.
3) Heavy Throttle - Phenomenal, but I'm assuming just like stock (I bought the car with the headers and m2w switch).

Sounds like this takes care of most of the issues and leaves a lot of the great parts. I DD my Z (and end up with a fair amount of road trips betwen D.C. and Charlotte), so anything with a highway drone is bound to get old after a bit. Anyway, thanks again!
I too agree with your assessment, I had the M2W setup before the Corsa and I was happy with it for a while, Just wasn't loud enough for me. It did sound very good in wild mode though and it was nice to be able to turn it into a sleeper with the press of a button.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I currently have Billy Boat Bullets, but the drone is killing me... reading your post and other reviews have justified my new purchase (Corsa Sport Axel Back). Should have my new system installed next week. Although, now my wife will want to ride in it again:lol:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sound great. How close do the Corsa exhaust tips look like the factory tips?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well I finally pulled the trigger and installed the Corsa sport axle back exhaust. I wish I hadn't waited 6 years. I didn't install these for more horsepower. Corsa's website says they add some(don't they all) but who knows how they measured it anyway. However the sound is exactly what I was looking for. Just a little burble at idle and just a tad of the same noise when shifting between gears. And no drone! Would like to hear what these are like at WOT, but on my way home got stuck in a pop up thunder storm, and we all know how much fun these things are to drive when there is standing water on the road. I have not been able to put a decibel meter to the new exhaust yet, but at about 3' the factory pipes average 69 db. Maybe in the next few days I can meter the new pipes and post an update. Although these weren't cheap I was able to shop around and get free shipping, no sales tax and a $150.00 rebate so net cost was $1575.00. I don't like making changes to my car but if any of you out there are reluctant like myself, I would say do it you won't regret it. One other comment I would like to make, the guy that put mine on says he likes both the Borla and Corsa. He likes them because the fit right out of the box. He said some of them (other brands) are so bad he won't even mess with them. Install time was about 1.5 hours which I thought was reasonable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts