Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tech bulletin: "Per the SAC, the following model is added to the Appendix A Stock Category exclusion list: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 ('06+) Comment: This car is being excluded at this time due primarily to tire availability issues. It is anticipated that it will be classed in SS for the 2007 season."

Submitted for member feedback: "Porsche 911 GT3, move from SS to Stock
Category exclusion list. Comment: this proposal is being published to keep open the possibility of moving this car out of SS if it demonstrates an ability to dominate SS."

·
Registered
131 Posts
did you see they also threw out for member feedback the idea of moving the C4 and ZR-1 from AS to SS, "because of lower entries in AS"?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the C6 Z06 actually is classified in SS then why not move the Viper and other high dollar cars out of ASP? Putting that car in SS will do the same thing that moving the S2000 to AS did to BS...

My opinion is that entries in AS will pick up as people come to realize that they can beat the C4 with the S2000 in AS.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tigerdrvr said:
did you see they also threw out for member feedback the idea of moving the C4 and ZR-1 from AS to SS, "because of lower entries in AS"?
Wow, what are they talking about??? AS is packed out here with S2000s!! and STIs!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
ellisnc said:
If the C6 Z06 actually is classified in SS then why not move the Viper and other high dollar cars out of ASP? Putting that car in SS will do the same thing that moving the S2000 to AS did to BS...
Viper is in SS. Moved there a couple of years ago.
My opinion is that entries in AS will pick up as people come to realize that they can beat the C4 with the S2000 in AS.
Who at the national caliber level is beating the C4 with an S2000?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bimota Guy said:

Isn't that the old Viper, in SS, not the new one?

Anyhow, in AS, if McWho doesn't show up, I think an S2000 might be able to pull it off... ;)

I seriously don't see the logic in making all the C4's being actively run non-contenders, overnight, makes no sense at all...maybe trying to get 'em all to go to BSP to fend off the rally car attack? :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
tigerdrvr said:
Isn't that the old Viper, in SS, not the new one?
No, SRT-10 is listed as well as the earlier cars.

·
Registered
129 Posts
TedDBere said:
Tech bulletin: "Per the SAC...
What month Fastrack?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bimota Guy said:

I thought I read the results of one of the first national tour events of the year where an S2000 actually won AS... could be wrong I guess. I have an S2000 as well so any time one beats anyone of note in a national event it's usually discussed at S2ki.

As far as I can remember, last year in Topeka, BS was faster than AS... I don't know when each group ran though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts