Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on the net.
Dana Corp. has just received final approval from GM for their prototype all-aluminum frame for the 2005. The frame is for the C6 version of the Z06. The frame is designed to incorporate a big block engine with horsepower in the 500+ area, but that the final decisions on how much HP, has not been determined as yet. He did say that the frame was a real challenge to put together and a very enjoyable task as well, he was very happy that the final approval was given and anticipated the beginning of production in April or May of 2004. He also stated that there would be a maximum of 7000 frames built for 2005 because GM is going to limit the Z06 in its first year of the new generation.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Tom,

Thanks for the update i had read that myself lastnite and forgot to post.........

Hydroformed, lower mass greater strength.............

:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I think it's safe to say the best is yet to come.Can't wait to see the final product.:)

·
Registered
906 Posts
CAUTION!!
...just a reminder to those of you who want to rush right out & get that 2005 Z06: The first year of the C6 Z06 will get lots of press coverage, probably win the Automobile Magazine Car of the Year Award (among many other awards)...and be the toast of the automotive high- performance world... BUT, it will probably burn oil, have squeaky seats, not have a "quality" interior, lack some cool gadgets, not have a "good" stereo...AND its value will DROP LIKE A STONE when the 2006 comes out! The 2006 will have 5% more HP and it s exhaust will sound much cooler!! It will ONLY cost a $1700 more than the '05, BUT what IDIOT would buy that stinking first year car??!! So for God's sake... wait for that 2nd year model... it will make that POS 1st year look like a rusted out VW Rabbit!
-Mother Goose

The preceding was fiction, any resemblance to actual events or vehicles is purely coincedental.

-HarleyB

·
Registered
906 Posts
...ALWAYS FULL!:guiness:
-HarleyB

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Well.......at

Least, we ALL have time to get in shape, and become like "Britney", very supple...........and learn how to BEND OVER and grab our ankles........cause' with a LIMITED run............only the very Limited Elite will get one...........talk about "Markret Adjustments"...............:puke:

Well, this just about takes the cake......................

Now I know which route to go..............

Spend approx 10 Laarage, on a MTI package, and be able to run heads up with it in '05.................starting NOW!!!!!!!;)

What do ya'll think the HP will be??..................

I bet, 500 Crank........No more.......................:roll:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: Well.......at

ZO6LS6 said:
BEND OVER and grab our ankles........cause' with a LIMITED run............only the very Limited Elite will get one.
Just go to a dealer with a large allocation and put your name down early. My dealer refuses to sell over MSRP.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Yo Frank

Good dealer..........BUT, I imagine the price will be W_A_Y beyond a lot of our means............

Good idea, though for you very well heeled individuals...........
GO FER IT!!!!!!!!!!!;)

PS: I see you are sticking by the 450 HP sig, By then, the Viper boyeez will be so far ahead, GM will be exactly where they are now, unless the 2800#'s can make up for it in a LARGE way.................:-?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts