Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Corvette Atlanta put on an autocross school for it's club members this past weekend and we were all pleasantly suprised when this showed up!

No, it did not run the course. :( It was being driven around for GM by a young girl (probably not older than 22 years old) who is an intern there. She was in the Atlanta area for a car show and one of our club members convinced her to stop by. She was under strick rules from GM not to run the car on any course or allow anyone to ride or drive the vehicle. We were allowed to sit in the car and look at the the engine. I was a bit dissapointed by the sound of the exhaust, it was to quite!!! The C5 Z06 exhaust is louder and sounds meaner! Hopefully what she was driving around in was not the finale production exhaust. Nice girl and we all really appreciated her taking the time to stop by and show it off!

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Paul,

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing. You said the exhaust is quiet, however did you ever rev it up? They have the valve controlled exhaust so it will be very quiet at low rpm/part throttle applications. I wanna hear one opened up. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, we did convince her to give it a good reving! And it was still very uninspiring. :( She even held it at what sounded like a pretty high RPM (can't be sure what range, and she may have been instructed not to take it past a certain rpm range) for a few seconds and that didn't really change the sound much. I was just expecting a deep throughty burble, and it just wasn't there.

·
Registered
373 Posts
That's awesome. :thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh! I forgot to add... The seats are awesome!!! Much better than the junk I have in my Z06. Finally get some seats that feel like my 96 Collector Edition sport seats!

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Youth is wasted on the young! :mah:

·
Registered
399 Posts
What is wrong player???? You couldn't hustle a private road test from a 21 year female. She is an 21 yr. old intern... A lot of young folks will make bad decisions if you buy them some wine and talk real nice!!!!!!!!

Tell her to bring it to Dallas, she will have one hell of a time :~)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
2K3ZO6 said:
What is wrong player???? You couldn't hustle a private road test from a 21 year female. She is an 21 yr. old intern... A lot of young folks will make bad decisions if you buy them some wine and talk real nice!!!!!!!!

Tell her to bring it to Dallas, she will have one hell of a time :~)
Hahaha! Kind of hard to turn on the charm when my wife was 5 feet away giving me the evil eye every time I talked to the young lady! ;) But like a said, she was under very strict rules about not giving any rides or allowing anyone to drive the Z06. She mentioned to me that GM had sufficiantly scared her into following those rules!

But I think we still showed her a good time! She was jumping in and out of cars taking rides with us around the course. She seemed to really enjoy that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Corvette Z06’s powertrain and drivetrain systems are matched to the LS7’s performance capability. The light, four-into-one headers discharge in to new, close-coupled catalytic converters and through to new “bi-modal” mufflers. The mufflers each feature a vacuum-actuated outlet valve, which controls exhaust noise during low-load operation but opens for maximum power. The three-inch diameter exhaust system varies the exhaust note and volume according to engine load.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Give me one of those Babies, I'll fix the sound :z:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
That is one awesome ride! :thumb: It was from GM but has dealer tags on it? :-?

Lucky 22 year old....:yeadog:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Lucky girl!

I'm amazed how boring the car looks away from the spot lights of a car show:(

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I can vouch for the quietness of the stock exhaust. Had one of the engineers start and rev the car down at Sebring, was very disappointed in the exhaust note at WOT.

Of course the CEO of Corsa, who was standing with us, had a big smile on his face, they have something good coming out for that car...

Mark

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
mdickie said:
I can vouch for the quietness of the stock exhaust. Had one of the engineers start and rev the car down at Sebring, was very disappointed in the exhaust note at WOT.

Of course the CEO of Corsa, who was standing with us, had a big smile on his face, they have something good coming out for that car...

Mark
Quiet but really fast? Sounds sophisticated, like a European car...which ain't all bad!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
My only complaint with the car if it is really as quiet as people are saying. A car like this should have a distinctive and impressive sound even at low power.

·
21,378 Posts
FiveOJoe said:
Nice, but point out to my grandma which one is the C6????
I like your sense of humor Joe! :lol:

It is a nice looking ride I guess. It's starting to slooooowly grow on me. Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that I like it. :screwy:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
FiveOJoe said:
Nice, but point out to my grandma which one is the C6????

not starting nothing, but Your grandma might tell the diffrence between a base C5 and a C5 Z06, and not the C6 to a C6 Z06, BUT......

the truth and most likely a fact is that over 90% of the people on the road dont know the diffrence between a base C5 or a Z06, to be honest most of that group dont know they make such a thing called a Z06...

amongst us Z06 owners you know that our Z06 are quite destintive in looks to the base model, but for me, I dont care about destictive looks because I love the way the base C5 looks period...

and because the C6 z06 is so simlilar looking to base model yet so diffrent with its 427 and then some, Thats is why I want one so bad, 500 hp car that looks like a 400 hp, runs like a 600+ hp car, handles like a $200k car, and costs as much as a Loaded sport Utility...

I thought thats we all wanted, a simple, yet pretty a$$ auto that smokes 99% cars outthere BONE STOCK from the factory, or at least thats what I dream of everyday, My current Z06 fills in the desired a bit , the new Z06 fills in my dream 100% :jammin:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
BTW... anyone have a pic of it in some kinda of Blue, or any other color other then the yellow,red, or black...

I want imgine what would look like my c5 Z06 next to my new Z06 side by side in a two car garage :guiness:

It is nice to dream, aint it :yeadog:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts