Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2006 Corvette Z06, and I'm mostly concerned about straight line traction, especially since traction control doesn't seem to do anything other than display "traction control..." while the tires seem to spin about the as with the traction control off (the stability control does cut fuel, most noticeable when making a sharp turn coming out of a driveway onto a street).

I'm retired now and don't drive the car as much, so instead of a wear issue, my tires seem to oxidize over time, loosing grip. I normally get Nitto NT05's for the car but was considering Sport Cup 2, but I can't find Sport Cup 2 in the front tire size, 275/35/18, and was wondering about using NT05 for fronts and Sport Cup 2 for rears.

update - I've since read that the Sport Cup 2 has a relatively "softer" sidewall than the NT05, which could lead to handling problems, similar to oversteer, possibly leading to instability, so I plan to stay with NT05's all around for now.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
My C7 Z06 came with Cup 2's. Likely the scariest street tire I've seen until they are up to temperature. And if you get caught in the rain, stay off the freeway. I quickly bought a second set of OEM wheels and used Michelin Super Sports. The Cup 2's are used for track days only.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My C7 Z06 came with Cup 2's. Likely the scariest street tire I've seen until they are up to temperature.
How long did it take for the Cup 2's to get up to temperature if just doing normal street driving? If I had a set, I would just go easy on them till they got warmed up.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
How long did it take for the Cup 2's to get up to temperature if just doing normal street driving? If I had a set, I would just go easy on them till they got warmed up.
At least 5 miles of normal driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts