Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our local Vette club was invited to a special award presentation at GM Headquarters in Detroit this past Saturday.

The celebration is for the 100th Anniversary of the Society of Automotive Engineers. The SAE is holding their annual convention in Detroit starting today.

At Saturday's award ceremony, Dave Hill was presented with a large trophy from the SAE for "Best Engineered Car 2005, Corvette."

They also anounced the official HP rating for the C6 Z06: 505, not the 500 we've been hearing. 505! :cheers:

Congratulations to the Corvette team for a job well done! :thumb:

Congratulations also to the SAE for it's 100th Anniversary! :cheers:

BTW, Detroit area members might want to watch NBC news today for this announcement because they we're filming the ceremony.

·
Registered
21 Posts
505 has a nice ring to it. Kind of like 405 did. But what is it really, as every Z seems to have a chunk more at the flywheel than 405? I bet it's more.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Zippy - any news on the official torque rating?? Hopefully more than 475 lb-ft as well.

Thanks
GOLD72 :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Acroman said:
505 has a nice ring to it. Kind of like 405 did. But what is it really, as every Z seems to have a chunk more at the flywheel than 405? I bet it's more.

Official 100 hp jumps are good........very good!!
Thanks for the info Zippy!! :thumb:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Awesome, thanks Zippy. :z:

·
Registered
94 Posts
According to the official GM press release the torque figure is 470.

·
Registered
451 Posts
That made my morning.....505 h.p. SOunds better than 500......I think the real question IS...whats she make to the wheels?

I hope its even a bit more underated....like 475 to the wheels......I can dream.

CHRIS

·
Registered
412 Posts
Zippy said:
They also anounced the official HP rating for the C6 Z06: 505, not the 500 we've been hearing. 505! :cheers:

Congratulations to the Corvette team for a job well done! :thumb:
To the powertrain and chassis engineers: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Thanks for the update Tony!
Let us know if your hear anything if the C6R Z06 will be a limited production car.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Zlicious said:
Lets hope for 445+ rwhp..Thanks for the info Zippy!
That's one thing I like about GM, they don't BS there Horsepower numbers. :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Now all I need to do is find a way to finance a herd of horses that large and take them to a place where I can let them loose!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
ammatic said:
I heard that the car has 505 HP to the ground not the crank>>>

Hmmmm.

That would loosely translate to about 580 crank hp!

I haven't read that number or anything close to it in ANY of the magazines... :zboobie:

·
Registered
86 Posts
defender said:
Hmmmm.

That would loosely translate to about 580 crank hp!

I haven't read that number or anything close to it in ANY of the magazines... :zboobie:
The flyer they gave out at the NY car show said that 500 HP & 475 TQ will hit the ground????

1 - 20 of 39 Posts