Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a Victory Red 05 Z06 at the Lone Star Classic at Texas Motor Speedway Saturday. The GM representative showing the car ( Nathan Love) said the pricing on the 05 Z06 was originally scheduled to be released on the GM website last Friday; but was delayed. He said it should be on the GM Corvette website by this Friday May 27. Anybody got any news on this?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
No, but we are waiting on that elusive price. :blush:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
If one dealer "jacks" the price there will be other dealers who will be happy to sell their Z06s for MSRP. GM will build all that the dealers can sell. There will be no shortages...........except maybe people who can't afford the MSRP price.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
The release is Friday according to my contacts. May 27.2005!

PLEASE STAND BY.
I'll post asap when I get the CANADIAN price.

Cheers!
Bill. :z:

·
Registered
420 Posts
At first, I suspect that there will be a "wheeler dealer " feeding frenzy on the plus-side of the MSRP. When supply and demand changes and it will, then you will see more reasonable pricing. When I was looking for my "03, I went to my local dealer who was talking about 5k over MSRP. I told him that I was going to drive 5 hours to Alabama to get 6k off MSRP and then he said he would match it. Oh, the games they play!

However, based on what I see on this forum, there are supporting dealers who will sell at MSRP even when supplies are short. For those dealers who do follow a respectable pricing format, I, for one, will remember who you are when I get the itch to buy a new Z!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Then GM will have cars sitting on the showroom floors everywhere like the ZR1 ended up doing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
wheelsetc said:
I think anyone expecting to buy one at MSRP is going to be disappointed.

I think that you are wrong, because many of us have our names on lists and have MSRP in writing.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Yes!!!

I can now say that I am the only member of z06vette.com who has not started a thread about the price of the C6.

At least, it sure seems that way :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
novetteyet said:
Yes!!!

I can now say that I am the only member of z06vette.com who has not started a thread about the price of the C6.

At least, it sure seems that way :D
There are not many of us. :yeadog:

·
Registered
282 Posts
If we converted all the manpower and energy used on this forum to discuss the C6Z06 price it would be able to:

A. Generate more power than North Korea has assembled in nuclear weapons in the past few years

B. Stop the rotation of the earth

C. Bring the vigor and endurance of all the over 40 year-old Z06Vette.com forum members (I'm almost one) to the same level as the under 40 year-old members.

D. Provide GM with the resources to build us all the custom vette of our dreams.

E. All of the above

I can't imagine the number of posts once the price is officially announced. I am certain I will add a few post to that thread and be guilty of the offense then, just like I am now. Good times

:guiness:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
You talked to a reliabble source....Nate Love is the marketing manager for Corvette.

Good info, thanks. :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
here we go again, i guess this, i guess this. few more weeks and we will know for sure people.

·
Registered
221 Posts
How do we know its not a marketing scam to get us all excited since Nate IS the marketing director :)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
of course to make sure that dealers aren't getting the huge mark ups that they want...just wait until later on the year before you start buying. If they can't move it, they'll come down on the price...kinda like the GTO

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
of course to make sure that dealers aren't getting the huge mark ups that they want...just wait until later on the year before you start buying. If they can't move it, they'll come down on the price...kinda like the GTO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts