Corvette Z06 Forum banner

C6 Z06 Survey

• I Like the C6 Z06 as is, it meets my expectations.

Votes: 81 44.5%
  • Would add the following options:

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Would delete the following options:

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Would change the following things:

Votes: 83 45.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have all had a chance to see the pre production C6 Z06 show cars in person, in the literature and on the web.
We have also had the opportunity to absorb and analyse the pre production data and some of us have even received official GM/Chevy literature concerning the new car and proposed Standard Equipment and Option Packages.

Above all, most members on this site have had actual experience owning a C5 Z06. Some of us on this site have already had direct input in the design phase of the car and Chevy has incorporated some of those suggestions.

This is a chance and a rare opportunity for YOU, a member of Z06vette.com to have a last chance influence on the car, pre production. Chevy frequently views this site and values our input.

I have been asked by a friend of mine who is in Corporate Level Management at GM to conduct an unofficial C6 Z06 pre production survey on this site, to ellicit your feelings, concerns and expectations of the C6 Z06 until March 15, 2005. This is a big chance for us and I respect GM for doing this. The results of the survey will be monitored and will be mailed to GM/Chevy after March 15, 2005

Here are the rules:
Please indicate your LIKES and DISLIKES about the NEW C6 Z06.
WHAT would you ADD or DELETE and WHY?
Offer constructive criticism only.
If someone has already covered your topic suggestion, be sure that you add your consent on the topic as well.
Basically, be constructive, nice, professional....and realistic.

DO NOT discuss the C5, C5 Z06 or C6 except in relevance to the C6 Z06.
DO NOT complain about the C5, C5 Z06 or C6
DO NOT discuss any previous Dealer or Warranty issues.
Do NOT discuss past or future price.
Any of the "DO NOT" posts will be deleted.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Good work GM.

1. Above all else, make it near the price of the c5z, i.e. 58k starting. Otherwise history may repeat itself (ZR-1).

2. Improve the seats. The bolstering appears the same as the c5z. If you use these seats to accomodate the more "portly" owner, then at least have a "race" seat option. I'd pay $500 extra for sparco-like seats.

3. Perform these polls more often! Again, kudos on this survey.

Thanks, A z06 owner

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Generally the car meets my expectations but I would like to see a lighter car. I would make the following suggestions as improvements:

1. Carbon Fiber Hood
2. Carbon Fiber Front Fascia
3. Carbon Fiber Rear Fascia
4. Carbon Fiber Trunk Rear Underbody Floor/surround
5. Magnesium Rear Sub-Frame (like the Magnesium Front
sub-frame/engine cradle)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I would like to see the following available

optional gearing
forged pistons
more colors and or custom colors

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
SEATS:

Add racing seat shoulder harness reliefs in the Z06 seat as you have done in the sport seat.

It is a gross understatement not to provide this as the Z06 sees the track more often than a C5 or C6 with the sport seats. Since the Z06 seats use the same frame as the sport seats with the "cutouts" already available it should not be too difficult to make this styling change.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I would like to see the rear window changed back to the C5 rear window. Or at the very least make it an option. I would also like to see colours that are Z06 specific. Thanks for the chance to give or opinions. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Concerning the Rear Glass and Other glass:

I would like to see the use of the thinner '01 Z06 glass to save weight, especially with the large hatch back glass.

If this means optionally deleting the HUD which was added in '02 with subsequent thicker and heavier front windshield glass, then so be it.

A polycarbonate, Lexan or Plexiglass rear window should be made available as an option to save weight.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Seats: I hate the seats, & I'm a football player gone to fat
Don't care for the colupe

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Make sure the hood scoop serves some function or delete it (the plastic insert on the current show cars looks very tacky).

Make the rear glass/trunk area have the notchback design instead of the hatchback design.

Other than that, I like what I see so far.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I saw the car at the LA show & I'm impressed. I do wish it retained the current Z's back glass though. G.M. please do not up the H.P. on the 07 & force me to start modding the 06 I plan on buying. :z:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Would like to see it offered with the old FRC design, I do not like the coupe style.
Offer the sport seats as an option
Re-design the headlights, and make them retractable.
Offer some options on rear axle ratio, 3.73 and 3.90 would be nice! Other than these few gripes, the car is very well thought out and should be an outstanding performer.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
IT L GO said:
I would like to see the following available

optional gearing
forged pistons
more colors and or custom colors

:cheers:

For sure on the above. Better seats with pass throughs for belts. Notch back glass as a choice? What would it cost on top end MPH.

More seating color choices as well.

That's about it. Great car. And oh yeah functional hood scoop. :cheers:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would like to see:
Functional hood scoop
FRC style body
Sport/upgraded seats as an option
Carbon fiber body parts, a Magnesium Rear Sub-Frame and even more HP would be nice but not if it pushes the price through the roof.
Don't loose the balance between super car and super expensive car.
I love my C5 Z06 and hope to upgrade to the C6 Z06.

·
Registered
114 Posts
1) Drop the orange color and add the caddy XLR color satin nickel.
2) Add race seat & shoulder harness options.
3) Change the silver plastic on center console, its too easy to scratch.
4) Change the design of the rear brake duck opening, its not working!

Over all I think the Engineers and Design Teams did one hell of a job on our new C6 Z06.

Thanks, A 2001 Z06 Owner

P.S.,It shows that GM Corporate Management still has the will to make the best of the best after 50 years! :thumb:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks to GM for asking!! Here are my thoughts.

1. I am still trying to warm up to the overall C6 looks. However, I often don't like the looks of a new generation initially, then come to like it. I really came to like the smooth, flowing lines of the C5, compared to the edgey lines of the C4 & C6.
2. Price should be around $58K base and $65K loaded.
3. Move the Z badge up to the fender, like the C5. It is currently placed too low (on the "gills"). Have it indicate 427 CI (NOT 7L!, this is America after all!) instead of 500 HP.
4. The "Extreme Seats" (those without the electric adjusters)should have excellent side bolsters, harness belt pass thru's and have attachment points built in. Offer an optional harness bar or roll bar.
5. Eliminate ALL the tacky silver plastic accents on the interior. For that matter, I was not impressed at all with the "new, high quality interior". The materials do not look any higher quality than C5. Loosing the silver stuff makes it almost tolerable for me. I also prefer an all black interior, rather than the various shades of beige/gray. A black int drops out of my field of view on the track, so I can concentrate on where I am going, instead of the stuff inside. The HUD should tell me what I need to know, so I never look down, inside the cabin (on track).
6. The engine technology is awesome, but it should have hit, or exceeded, the 500+hp/500+tq mark. Hopefully that's coming in second year. Let's finally beat the Viper (until they up the ante) since the C6Z has the weight advantage!
7. With all the new materials (and their expense), the weight should be 3000 lbs or less. At least make a noticeable improvement over the C5Z.
8. Include forced engine air induction (like Vararam).
9. All scoops must be functional. It is my understanding that the small front scoop is for moving engine compartment air out the side "gills". I recognize that this is important for high performance and cooling/reliability on such a large powerplant.
10. My Grandma (rest her soul) could NOT tell the difference. There should be more visual difference. It still takes a Vette "eye" to notice it's a Z, just like with the ZR1.
11. Be very clear with potential buyers how tracking occasionally at DE's and/or campaigning in T1 affects warranty. Many of us assume that since you provide a DVD with tracking instructions, that this creates no warranty problems.
12. Give me automanual paddle shifters pleeeeeze!
13. Wipe that grin off your face! Pls get rid of the "smilie face" front end. At the very least, the Z should grimace, grunt or scream....but NOT have a "smilie face" grin.
14. I prefer the FRC roof style of the C5Z. While less aerodynamic, it would be lighter and more visually distinctive.
15. I am glad you increased the wheel & tire sizes and used integral body flares (not like the tacky add on rear flares for the 96 GS). However, select big wheels & tires for which tracking tires are available. For example, the rears on the C5Z are an odd size and nobody makes track tires (in that exact size) for them, even now.
16. Get rid of the Euro centered exhaust exit and go back to the traditional placement at the rear corners.

I love my 02, and modded 85, and will not part with them. I have also had 4 additional, other C4's and other immediate family members have had 11 Vettes. I consider myself a real "Vette Lover". Create the car I describe above and I will just have to add it to my collection. Bring it on!!!

Again, thank you very much for asking. :ity:

1 - 20 of 150 Posts