Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
SWEET!!!

Norman u da man.

Thats some big a$$ fender flares. I just wish we could hear it better.

I think my gramma will know!!!

PJ

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
This a Great site, with lots :coo:Vids :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Thanks Norman, great video, looking forward to seeing the Z down at Sebring on Friday, will have camera in hand...

Mark

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Thanks Norman! Great find. :thumb: Did anyone else happen to browse through the other vids on that site. There is one where an SRT-4 is racing a blue Z06 with the Cartek H/C package. I seem to remember a member here with that Z talking about racing his friends modded SRT-4. The results suprised me.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
ambleZ06 said:
Thanks Norman! Great find. :thumb: Did anyone else happen to browse through the other vids on that site. There is one where an SRT-4 is racing a blue Z06 with the Cartek H/C package. I seem to remember a member here with that Z talking about racing his friends modded SRT-4. The results suprised me.

Yep the guy with the blue Z (now sold :cry: ) and I hung out last night. The SRT-4 is putting out around 450 whp though.

Norman thanks for posting the link with the new Z. :coo:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ambleZ06 said:
That would be fun to drive. Would surprise a lot of people. However, at the end of the day, I'd still have a Neon in my garage. :pp:

·
Registered
64 Posts
They arent so bad.. :)
My SRT4 is still bascially stock (except for one free simple mod) and it puts up times close to alot of stock Cobra's and Z06's that i have seen.
Best of all, its FWD to get you through the snow, has a big trunk, and room for 4. and..
I only paid 17,000 for mine, out the door. Good gas mileage too..

Its like the ultimate commuter. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Purvis said:
My SRT4 is still bascially stock (except for one free simple mod) and it puts up times close to alot of stock Cobra's and Z06's that i have seen.
Best of all, its FWD to get you through the snow, has a big trunk, and room for 4. and..

What was the free mod? Most stock SRT-4 I've seen run do about 14.2-14.5 at around 100 - 102 MPH. Are you getting those times with OEM tires? If so, I will guess you hooked up some type of manual boost control. Also, 17K out the door? Invoice is 19K, and after taxes you're over 20K. I don't remember Dodge offering any special incentives on the SRT models, but I could be wrong. So how are you making those times and getting those deals? Fill us in.....

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Enquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Purvis said:

Neon power... yawn.

I do respect all fast cars, but looks like you were already running 11's in the stang. Just seemed kinda pointless to drop another 17k + insurance on a slower car. To each his own I guess :thumb:

·
Registered
83 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, that track the C6Z was on looks very similar to the GM Test track that they were demonstrating the C5 Z06 on in the video that came with the cars when you bought them new.

-Dave C. '04 Z06

·
Registered
64 Posts
Guys..First off
Im not a Neon guy.. Im a Mustang guy! :thumb: :lol:

I have fallen in love with the C6 though, and am planning on picking one up within the next 6-12 months!! Im waiting to see what the ZO6 comes out as price wise before I do anything.. Im also waiting on the new Cobra's introduction at the NewYork show, in 2 weeks.

Most SRT-4s I have come into contact with, are 13 second cars stock. Mine went 13.8 Bone stock. I only raced it once (one warmup run), before putting "the Spring" on it, and probably could have gotten it down to at least a 13.7 or faster.

Now, the cool thing about trhe SRT4's is the engines are bulletproof, and take ALOT of boost. Forged internals make for an over-engineered engine that can really dish it out..

The mod I run, is called "the Spring mod". Basically you put a carb spring on your waistegate, and you pick up about 30-40 hp to the front wheels, on an already underated engine, and (about 3-5#'s of boost to redline added). Most guys run either this mod, or a bleed mod, which bleeds off vaccuum going to the waiste gate.. Some run both for even more power..

Anyway, I dont powershift mine, and I leave off the line pretty softly.. But it runs [email protected] (get this) 107mph!.. Thats stock Cobra territory. Ive already whooped on some C4 (with 4 people in the car no less) and also surprised the hell out of some unsuspecting C5's. With a decent tire, it would easily run 12's with ZERO money in mods to the engine.

The car is a blast for a cheap FWD commuter car.

The ultimate scenerio for me, would be to have an SRT4 as a daily driver, and have a new C6 to play with on the weekends. :thumb:

Take care everyone!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh, and someone asked why I would spend more money on the NEon when I already had an 11second Stang?

WEll..
The Stang is my current toy, and the SRT4 is my daily grind car..
Eventhough I love the Stang, it doesn make for the best daily driver, especially in the snow and rane.. So I needed something that would serve as economical and reliable.

Since I spend most of my time in my daily driver, I was getting bored in my Honda Civic, so I opted to get something that would add a little "flavor" to my daily grind. :lol:

Its that simple. I know most of you dont drive your vettes daily!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Purvis said:
Oh, and someone asked why I would spend more money on the NEon when I already had an 11second Stang?

WEll..
Eventhough I love the Stang, it doesn make for the best daily driver, especially in the snow and rane.. So I needed something that would serve as economical and reliable.

Since I spend most of my time in my daily driver, I was getting bored in my Honda Civic, so I opted to get something that would add a little "flavor" to my daily grind. :lol:

You forgot to answer the price question (Also, 17K out the door? Invoice is 19K, and after taxes you're over 20K.). So how did you get an SRT4 for essentially $16,000 (3 grand under invoice) (PA state tax is 6%).

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Purvis said:

WEll..

First off... Z06 for daily driver here. :D So that doesn't apply to me.

I also wanted to say that I think the SRT4 is a pretty cool car. I hang out at a local place on the weekends and the last time I was there I was checking out an SRT4 that one of the regulars there drives. I asked him for permission to sit in it and I was really impressed with the car you get for the money. I'm going to ask him for a ride one day. The one thing I like about the SRT4 is that it can embarrass almost all of the civics/accords on the street. :lol: I'm glad to see American power representing, regardless of whether it's a little car or not.

Why don't you post pics of your SRT4?

See ya, dude.
Alex

1 - 20 of 24 Posts