Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Ron Fellows down at Sebring today, he states that the C6 Z06 beat a C5 Z06 by a full 5 seconds on a short 1.5 mile track. Track name was not revealed, but were going to try to find out.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
5 sec seems alotttt... C6 Z must be making more than 500hp
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not a lot, ITS HUGE I said the same thing. My buddy was led to believe that Ron Fellows was the driver. But that has not been confirmed.

It not just horsepower, its braking power too.

Joe

405bhp said:
5 sec seems alotttt... C6 Z must be making more than 500hp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Big increase in price, big increase in performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
Ron Fellows needs to go into Politics :bs: :bs:

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
971 Posts
IT L GO,
I agree, with you. Maybe two seconds or even three, NOT five. If I could get five seconds with my car, I have would have the track record at Thunderhill and that's a 2:00+ minute track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,484 Posts
5 or .5 seconds :-?
smells fishy to me :yeadog:
Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,957 Posts
Anybody remember how much faster the C5 Z06 was compared to the C5 coupe ?

If I remember correctly it was less than a 5 second differential....

Wasn't the C5 Z06 about 4 seconds on some specified road course than a c5 coupe?

If that was close to what was reported...I don't see any reason the C6 Z06 couldn't be 5 seconds faster than a stock C5 Z06....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,018 Posts
That means the handling and brakes have got to be out of this world. HP couldn't make nearly that much difference. Look out exotics!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,442 Posts
I might have been interested in a C6 Z06, but after seeing one I prefer the convertible look over the "coupe" style. Looks like I'm keeping the good looking C5 Z06.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Looks are important, performance is important. I am sticking with the C5 Z06 until the new C6 Z06 gets some improvement that satisfies me more than the C5. That is obviously a tough one for GM to fix. They got the power right now they need to fix the body lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,548 Posts
Phaster said:
Looks are important, performance is important. I am sticking with the C5 Z06 until the new C6 Z06 gets some improvement that satisfies me more than the C5. That is obviously a tough one for GM to fix. They got the power right now they need to fix the body lines.
I'm in the same boat. I just don't like the look. I guess I like the C6 but, I think the Z06 should be a FRC. I also can't stand the rear brake ducts. I'll just keep adding power to what I have. I love the way my C5 Z06 looks. :coo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,014 Posts
GNX Guy said:
According to Ron Fellows down at Sebring today, he states that the C6 Z06 beat a C5 Z06 by a full 5 seconds on a short 1.5 mile track. Track name was not revealed, but were going to try to find out.

Joe
5 seconds?? Holy smokes. If true, than some of the guys on here are right in regards to the car being underrated. DAMN 5 secs is ALOT!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
Zlicious said:
5 seconds?? Holy smokes. If true, than some of the guys on here are right in regards to the car being underrated. DAMN 5 secs is ALOT!!!
Totally agree Zlicious. That a substantial beating:eek:: The new Z has to be making more than 500hp :yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
GNX Guy said:
According to Ron Fellows down at Sebring today, he states that the C6 Z06 beat a C5 Z06 by a full 5 seconds on a short 1.5 mile track. Track name was not revealed, but were going to try to find out.

Joe
I was at a popular 2.2mi DE track recently, and the scuttlebutt there was the C6 ZO6 was 5 sec faster (than the C5 ZO6) there as well. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
GNX Guy said:
According to Ron Fellows down at Sebring today, he states that the C6 Z06 beat a C5 Z06 by a full 5 seconds on a short 1.5 mile track.
Was the same driver used in both cars? If so, WOW!!! If not, that would explain the huge difference between the two cars.

case2307 said:
I'm in the same boat. I just don't like the look. I guess I like the C6 but, I think the Z06 should be a FRC. I also can't stand the rear brake ducts. I'll just keep adding power to what I have. I love the way my C5 Z06 looks. :coo:
If I had to choose between great-looks or high-horsepower, it would be great-looks everytime, and why I'm keeping my C5Z. Performance is relatively easy to add versus attempting to change how a car looks.

All GM has to do to the C6 is make it look similar to the outrageously beautiful C6R (..mainly the quarters) and I'm in.

Think about it. If GM released the C6 looking like (..or similar to) the C6R, they would not be able to produce them fast enough to keep up with demand! That is one gorgeous looking car.

If only.... http://vorlon.case.edu/~aap8/gallery/c6z06media/C6_Z06_Corvette_14?full=1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
971 Posts
We will see. I still do not buy it. Two, three seconds, yes. Five, NO.

Most driving instructors I know can drive their wifes Honda five seconds faster on a two minute track than most Z06 owners.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top