Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
C6 Z06VETTE Screensaver finished! What do you think?

The screensaver is done. This is what it looks like. I'd post a link but I'm afraid my ISP will get pissed if I suddenly start pulling a lot of download bandwidth. Hopefully, Jared will post the EXE installer to the Media Clips area soon and you can all get a copy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
:thumb: good job soo far bro, i really appreciate what your doing! I just cant get enough of ur c5z06, ever since i got it i didnt take it off!! :jawdrop: I have some ideas, i think it wud be awesome if you could put on the HID lights! give it that blue effect, also offer different colors like each one that the Z will be available in, although that cud be pretty tough with the DSOM and Lemans blue but it wud be cool. Also in ur last work of art u had Z06VETTE under the car itself, u can put Z06VETTE with the 500hp in the top right hand corner of that same logo! just some ideas i got so far! thanx again :thumb: :z:

·
Registered
87 Posts
The one thing about your old screen saver that I didn't like was the car was soo small ... could you make it bigger? or design the screen saver for 2 resolution sets. 1024x768 and lower, 1024x768 and bigger ... I would think that it would really just be a higher resolution re-render.

Also ... would it be possible to have the screen saver with the Z06 Logo and not the Z06Vette logo? A more general screensaver ...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
RocketSled you are a man of many Talents. :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You did a very good job. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Looks great, can you make a C5 Z06 screen saver :ity:

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Morzoff said:
Looks great, can you make a C5 Z06 screen saver :ity:
Go HERE , and scroll to the bottom. :jammin:

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Thank you very much :yeadog: :thumb:

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TTT.

I have just about finalized the animation. Sroll to the top, check it out, let me know what you think. I'll leave it "out for review" for a few days and if no one suggests anything major, I'll "screensaver-ize" it within another week or so.

·
Registered
87 Posts
RocketSled said:
TTT.

I have just about finalized the animation. Sroll to the top, check it out, let me know what you think. I'll leave it "out for review" for a few days and if no one suggests anything major, I'll "screensaver-ize" it within another week or so.
Just a simple question ... is that how big the car will be? Is there any way you could post the Animate GIF (link only) to a file that is actual size of your projected output.

If bandwidth is an issue ... I can host the file for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
can we get the blue lights for the headlights and what colors will be available this time? i think you shud minimize the logo the car sits on a tad bit, but the layout looks awesome!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NewVetteLover said:
Just a simple question ... is that how big the car will be? Is there any way you could post the Animate GIF (link only) to a file that is actual size of your projected output.

If bandwidth is an issue ... I can host the file for you.
I rendered this test sequence at 320x240 out of consideration for my fellow forum users. The file is an animated GIF (feel free to grab a copy for whatever nefarious purpose you'd care to use it for). The actual screen saver animation will probably get rendered at something between 640x480 and 520x390, depending on how large the final animated sequence turns out to be.

I dumped a 640x480 render on to my website. Go back to the top of this thread and click the animation that's there now to download the full-size file.

Note to dailup users: it is 1.7MB in size.

The final animation used in the screen saver will be a little larger, still, in final form. Right now, the graphical elements don't fill the entire frame. That'll get adjusted as one of the last things I do.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts