Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met up with a couple of friends yesterday and was able to see first hand how my Z51 1SX matched up against the 04 Z06. I have video of this, but need to have it digitized so it can be posted. My Z51/SX is bone stock with less than 700 miles and my friend's car is an 04Z06 with 30K miles (His car dynoed 365 stock and has Borla Stingers). To ensure the comparison was fair, we rotated 3 different drivers. We decided the 04 Z06 should carry the camera + extra person because it did have the Borla Stingers/ was 100 lbs lighter. (&C6 wasn't fully broken in)


On the best run of the day, we punched it from 1st gear. The C6 pulled ahead and held off the Z until the middle of 4th, at which point, the Z06 pulled back in front 3/4 of a car by the very end of 4th. We agreed this race summed up the 10-15 runs we made and felt like it was an accurate reflection of how the 2 cars stacked up.

Few things we noticed.

1.The extra torque allowed the C6 to get a jump out in front on the Z. It seemed like the lower the RPMs, the bigger the jump the C6 would get.

2.The cars are a dead heat until the middle of 4th.

Bottom line - The cars are extremely close... !!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
That's for report. Yes they are close. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,357 Posts
Great info. Your car will pick up a little hp after you get some miles on it. My C6 runs like a scalded dog at times and then it can feel like a slug the next day. Thanks to the aggressive torque management.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
PerforminNorman said:
Great info. Your car will pick up a little hp after you get some miles on it. My C6 runs like a scalded dog at times and then it can feel like a slug the next day. Thanks to the aggressive torque management.
I was expecting the Z to walk me because of all the terrible things I've read about torque management. I was pleasantly surprised the car doesn't seem to lose any ground on the quick stabs of the throttle or in-between shifts. Matter of fact, if the Z and I hit it the same time -to the floor), my C6 would jump a 1/4 to half a car almost every time. My car just came off the line Thursday, so I wonder if GM has tweaked the ECU in some in the later cars because of all the complaints????
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,625 Posts
xstang said:
My car just came off the line Thursday, so I wonder if GM has tweaked the ECU in some in the later cars because of all the complaints????
That is a very good question...:yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,357 Posts
xstang said:
I was expecting the Z to walk me because of all the terrible things I've read about torque management. I was pleasantly surprised the car doesn't seem to lose any ground on the quick stabs of the throttle or in-between shifts. Matter of fact, if the Z and I hit it the same time -to the floor), my C6 would jump a 1/4 to half a car almost every time. My car just came off the line Thursday, so I wonder if GM has tweaked the ECU in some in the later cars because of all the complaints????
I know one thing for sure, if they put that aggressive TM on my Z06, I'm going to raise hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
I know one thing for sure, if they put that aggressive TM on my Z06, I'm going to raise hell.
That would be the all time OXYMORON :D
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top