Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
That is impressive for a stock 01 Z to pull that hard on a Z51 C6...

Guess we can all feel a little better about our cars.

Mark

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
very sweet video. I would never thought a 01 Z06 would keep up but you never know. The other videos are cool also

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
pauln64 said:
very sweet video. I would never thought a 01 Z06 would keep up but you never know. The other videos are cool also
I bet all you 405hp Z drivers think us '01ers are just chopped liver... ;)

Well - we're not... hehehe

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The ZO6 in the Video is Electron Blue only offered in 02' and 03' model years. This would make it a 405hp model.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Very cool. That's good/smart of them to switch drivers too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
DavidGP said:
The ZO6 in the Video is Electron Blue only offered in 02' and 03' model years. This would make it a 405hp model.
It really looks black to me. Electron Blue looks like EB in the sun, not dark. In the begining of the video if you look by the mirror of the c6 you can see the badge of the z06. It looks like an 01 badge. If I recall, the 02-04 Z badges have a little extra area to accomodate the 405 HP letterings. I do think its an 01 and agree with the video. If I am not seeing it correctly, I apologize.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
My bad, your right its black. :p The first 3 races the car looks blue but later on you can definitely tell its black. Nice runs.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That '01 did very well.

I also ran my friend who has a new Z51 C6 and we went from third gear at 60MPH, and I pulled out on him exactly like that '01 did. We went twice, just like the guys in this video, and the results were the same each time.

From 60MPH to the top of third (not a very long time) I went out to where his front end was at my rear tire. I went to fourth gear, but he didn't (sore loser... :yeadog: )

It looks like the '01's are just about as strong as the '04's.

It's funny how all the C6er's were talking smack when the C6 was about to come out. I guess it turns out that bigger (6.0) isn't always better. ;)

-Dave C. '04 Z06

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
First off very cool video....How can this be....the slow 01 Z06 beating a 400 HP Vette with only 385 HP....The C6 is very lucky it wasn't racing the 405 HP version cause it would of been beaten real bad cause we all know the 02-04 Z is way faster than the 01 Z....This is sarcasm... :D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
well wot is really intersting is my Z is 01 385HP also has about a 100 lbs of audio equipment in the trunk :) and still it runs with the 02+ Z's. We once took a trip and things got a little out of hand and all vettes were racing all vettes and one NOS viper :) and well i thought i would be the last one as i was the only one with a stock 01 Z but mine kept up and was dead even with all the 02's and 03's :).

The only performance mod on the car is the ZipTie mod.

I have never dynoed my Z but i am getting that done on the 25th so lets see what the mystery numbers are :) oh and the reason i am getting it dynoed is to see the before and after of a P1-SC install :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
01 Z06 + Nitrous = Bye Bye C6

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it is illegal to have NOS in VA as it is comes under hazardous material or something :( so can't have that.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
If it's blue and it looks blue to me, it's the 405HP motor. Some owners have removed the 405HP badge and replaced it with the 2001 Z06 badge. Also the C6 is a Automatic tranny car. :z:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts