Votes: 3 3.3%
  • lower than 11.2x (your crazy, reveal yourself):D

Votes: 4 4.4%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, since it's raining and I'm bored out of my skull and the vette challenge has been cancelled; What et and mph do you predict for the new Z bone stock?
Assuming, a great driver and great conditions, and several months of seat time.

My guess:

[email protected] 125.70 on a 1.79 (optimistic)

·
Registered
240 Posts
[email protected]
if that.
Most people will be running around 11.7-12.2

This car is not what everyone is making it to be! (no way it will run bellow 11.5 stock)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Redbull said:
[email protected]
if that.
Most people will be running around 11.7-12.2

This car is not what everyone is making it to be! (no way it will run bellow 11.5 stock)
I hear ya. Most people don't realize either how hard it is to run down the dragstrip in a traction limited manual. BUT, I went low because Ranger is getting one. I bet most people will be running 11.8-13.x's. I'm talking single best run.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Depends.

Average drivers: 12.0's
Good driver: 11.8's
Great driver: 11.6's
Out of this world drivers: 11.4's

·
Registered
107 Posts
Zlicious said:
Depends.

Average drivers: 12.0's
Good driver: 11.8's
Great driver: 11.6's
Out of this world drivers: 11.4's
I just got back from the c5/c6 birthday bash. and there was a black c6 z06 that run several times .best pass was a 12.06 . best trap speed was a 123.9mph ...the car was spinning pretty good in first gear .I think the driver wasn't shifting properly it sounded like he was short shifting..he was all over the 12's anywhere from 115 mph to 123 mph:screwy: ...I would say that a good set of tires and a good driver.. 11.47 @122 or 125 will be possible

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
:jammin:
slovette said:
I just got back from the c5/c6 birthday bash. and there was a black c6 z06 that run several times .best pass was a 12.06 . best trap speed was a 123.9mph ...the car was spinning pretty good in first gear .I think the driver wasn't shifting properly it sounded like he was short shifting..he was all over the 12's anywhere from 115 mph to 123 mph:screwy: ...I would say that a good set of tires and a good driver.. 11.47 @122 or 125 will be possible
Great information! Thanks

JB

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Rob...do you mean with stock rear tires? Or M/T Drag Radials?
Can't wait to see Ranger run his when he gets it! :thumb:
I said 11.2's stock for him and possibly high 10's with the M/T's....:D

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
slovette said:
Thanks for sharing. The ET sucks, but that is not relevant to power. That 124 mph trap that you witnessed will answer a lot of questions. With a 124 mph trap, this is an 11.6 sec car!

Oh, and btw, do I win a prize if my guessing the ET and mph a long time ago are dead on? I predicted an [email protected] mph.. :guiness:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
slovette said:
Slovette, what did it Sound like? :cheers:

·
Registered
296 Posts
slovette said:
I just got back from the c5/c6 birthday bash. and there was a black c6 z06 that run several times .best pass was a 12.06 . best trap speed was a 123.9mph ...
Whoa! When and where did this happen? I didn't know that GM is running the new Z in front of the public. Wasn't GM trying to keep all the tests top secret?

Who was this driver? If he is not a member of the Z06 test team, how the heck did he get his hands on the Z. If he were in fact a member of the test team, wouldn't he be a very good driver and what is up with the short shifting?

I am not trying to flame you here. But your story sounds very fishy to me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
TetraU said:
Whoa! When and where did this happen? I didn't know that GM is running the new Z in front of the public. Wasn't GM trying to keep all the tests top secret?

Who was this driver? If he is not a member of the Z06 test team, how the heck did he get his hands on the Z. If he were in fact a member of the test team, wouldn't he be a very good driver and what is up with the short shifting?

I am not trying to flame you here. But your story sounds very fishy to me.
well there is no reason for me to be lying, but there where plenty of people there that witnessed this event, i have a few pics and videos, onebadbonez06 was a the track and saw the car and got a few videos maybe he can share them, from what i heard in the audience they just were running the car and they let a few people drive, there was some lady driving it and a few guys taking turns driving it.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I just returned from Birthday Bash Banquet and Auction.

I did not go to Beech Bend today as I was involved in other things at the Museum. None the less, two trusted friends of mine told me about the Black Z06 at BB today, and her is what I've been told about the Black C6 Z06:

Track conditions were very poor and the car turned a 12.2, at 126.7 mph! WOW! I was impressed, and have no reason to dis-trust my two buddies. Yes, it was a GM pre-productiomn car, and I have not confirmed who was driving it....I'll try to find out, and post that after returning home.

BTW, I saw the new Monterey Red on a fender that was auctioned off. Absolutely , drop dead gorgeous! Took numerous pics, and will post them later. Although I haven't seen it outdoors, I describe it as a cross between Anniversary, and Magnetic Red Metallic...Everyone I talked to that saw it up close...loved it, including Mrs Zippy!

Later,

Zipster :z: :z: .

·
Registered
296 Posts
slovette said:
well there is no reason for me to be lying, but there where plenty of people there that witnessed this event, i have a few pics and videos, onebadbonez06 was a the track and saw the car and got a few videos maybe he can share them, from what i heard in the audience they just were running the car and they let a few people drive, there was some lady driving it and a few guys taking turns driving it.
Sorry for doubting you, slovette. I just thought that GM would make big show of it when they run the new Z in front of the public. Really surprised that they let some average joes at the track to run them. Great for the folks there!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Zippy said:
Track conditions were very poor and the car turned a 12.2, at 126.7 mph! WOW! I was impressed, and have no reason to dis-trust my two buddies. Yes, it was a GM pre-productiomn car, and I have not confirmed who was driving it......I'll try to find out, and post that after returning home.
between Anniversary, and Magnetic Red Metallic...Everyone I talked to that saw it up close...loved it, including Mrs Zippy!

Later,

Zipster :z: :z: .
Thnx Zippy. 126.7mph is seriously fast for a stock car!!! With good driver and plenty of seat time, it should run low 11's all day.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
the other thread said 123.9 which is it? who's positive? 3mph is a big difference to me, especially considering the track conditions

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Most of us know that Beach Bend is not a great traction strip and times tend to be slower than many other tracks. The mph says the potential is there. A top driver and a good strip should produce11.5-11.6 stock.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
phantasms said:
the other thread said 123.9 which is it? who's positive? 3mph is a big difference to me, especially considering the track conditions
I just said the same thing on the other thread...We need to find out which one it was, like you said, that is a big difference!! I hope someone can confirm!!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MSiska said:
Rob...do you mean with stock rear tires? Or M/T Drag Radials?
Can't wait to see Ranger run his when he gets it! :thumb:
I said 11.2's stock for him and possibly high 10's with the M/T's....:D
I'm talking bone stock with street tires. I don't think Ranger can do it with just tires but we'll see.
Also, we need to keep in mind that a bad 60' and street tires will give high mph readings. 126 mph is cetainly possible considering this fact.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts