Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

When do you think we will start seeing a full road test review in the likes of R&T, C&D and MT? I am very anxious to read the performance data, but more importantly if Chevy has improved the handling feel and precision over the standard C6.

I have one on order, but still strongly considering a P-Car for various reasons. Since a test drive is unlikely, the magazine reports will play a major role in my decision making process.

·
Registered
968 Posts
July but by august for sure. MT will be the fastest because they are in 95% of all cars tested by the big 3. 11.70 @ 123.00 mph!! :yeadog:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Cerberus said:
Hey guys,

When do you think we will start seeing a full road test review in the likes of R&T, C&D and MT? I am very anxious to read the performance data, but more importantly if Chevy has improved the handling feel and precision over the standard C6.

I have one on order, but still strongly considering a P-Car for various reasons. Since a test drive is unlikely, the magazine reports will play a major role in my decision making process.
Sounds like Monica at Maxie Price Chevrolet got to ride with Dave Hill and hit 140 mph a couple times in the C6Z. Check out the "Side by side" thread. The person who started the thread made a few comments about what she said about the ride.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Cerberus said:
Hey guys,

I would have to drive before I buy in this case. I for one think a lot of the magazine guys are disconnected with what I look for in a car. For the most part they complain about things that I conceder non-sense. A purchase on this level is a personal thing to me not to be taken lightly or to rely on someone's else's opinion.

D.J.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
bobby778 said:
July but by august for sure. MT will be the fastest because they are in 95% of all cars tested by the big 3. 11.70 @ 123.00 mph!! :yeadog:
Do you mean the actual month of August or the issue?

Do you think all it can do is 123? I am hoping for at least 125 or more. I also hope the burly 6 & 4 piston calipers have Porsche caliber braking feel. With the numerous brake pads, I think it should be a great system and fade resistence should be superior to the old ZO6. I had two 2003 ZO6s and felt handling feel and precision along with braking were its weaknesses. I know statistically they produced great numbers, but numbers don't tell the whole story as we all know.

I like the new interior design of the C6, which looks 10X better than the GM parts bin look in the C5.

I can't wait to see a full road test review. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts