Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently at the jacob javits center auto show and upon meeting a firend who had a booth there i was introduced to a person who started to talk to me about a C6 Zo6 R. I apologize if this is a repeat but it was news to me, 580 HP 90k price tag. I then proceded up to the C6R/C6 Zo6 exhibit and asked the guy standing on the stage about it and he replied I know nothing about it and cannot confirm nor deny what you are talking about.(wink wink) BTW the person who shall remian nameless who told me this has a lot of ties to gm. If anyone knows about this please add.

Pete :cheers:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am confussed. What is a Z06R? Something we haven't heard about?

If it is something new, is it for the street or track?

Anything you could add to clear this up would be helpful.

·
Registered
412 Posts
If true, Holy Crap...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
It was first brought up here a few months ago. We're hoping it's true, but we don't know for sure. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Alex

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I believe the code name for that is Blue Devil, but I am not sure...

Mark

·
Registered
967 Posts
I've heard also rumours from someone in the GM circle that GM's designing a FI'ed motor for the Vette. Maybe there's more to this than just rumours???

·
Registered
412 Posts
Does anyone have any documentation/link(s) to support their story?

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
GM/Chevy is exploring the idea of producing a car dedicated more to the track. This is within the realm of the Blue Devil/Z06R concept. The idea was in part spurred by the Viper Competition Coupe and has been requested by many that race Corvettes in Pro series, amateur club racing and AutoX.

Historically Chevy has offered C5R's for sale throught Pratt & Miller and offered C5/Z06 roller chassis that could be used to build either a C5R or other production based car depending on series requirements.

Questions that still remain to be answered are
Will it be produced?
Will it be dual use?
Will it be streetable?
Will it be track only?
Will it be available thru Chevy or outsourced to a race prep/fabricator shop (like the Viper Competition Coupe) ?
HP/Tx target?
Performance/Handling target?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Man I am stoked! Please GM give us something extra, extra special! The engineer at St. Catherines spoke of a GM V-10 concept! :zboobie: I like em' big and powerful so they can take a lot of pounding! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
If it's not an april fool's joke, that would be sweet. Not that I'd be likely to buy one, but it'd be very cool to have a flagship kickass model out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have it right here it the corrvette quaterly spring 2005 issue. c6R hp. [email protected], torque [email protected], cylinder liners=none, throttle system= individual runners, weight(lb) 2425, 6 speed maual sequential transaxle, coilover shocks, steel frame & cf body, also it needs 100 octane unleaded fuel.these are only some of the differance of the c6R .

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Could this be part of the Blue Devil project? I had read somewhere the Blue Devil would be in the neighbourhood of 700 hp.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts