Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been asked before but, does the new C6Z wheel fit on the C5Z cars without problems...Also after checking with available site vendors the only one that appears to make a tire for the new wheels is Goodyear...Would I need to run the whole EMT set-up or can I just get the tires and not worry about the tire sensor readout on the dic ??

Greg

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
They will not fit on the C5 Z06 without tubbing. In addition they may not fit after tubbing because the rear offset and backset are different.

Consider that the C6 Z06 wheel is wider and larger at 12x19" vs. the C5 Z06 10.5x18", the 325/30x19 tire is 13.6" inches wide and the C6 Z06 rear track is yet, NARROWER. That means the C6 Z06 tire and wheel combination has a huge backset and smaller offset.

The C5 Z06 has trouble wiith anything larger than 315 with a smaller backset and larger offset. It will not handle the C6 Z06's smaller offset and larger backset.

In the past on the C4, when Chevy developed the wider ZR1 (+6") all they did was increase the offset. So...if you put the ZR1 wheels on a normal C4, they just stuck out more.

For the C6 Z06 (+3") they increased the width of the tire, increased the width of the rim, increased the OD of the tire, increased the rim size 1" and changed the offset and backset.

NOTE: Track is measured from mid-point to mid-point of the TIRE TREAD.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DJ...That 's a bummer as I have fallen in love with the new C6Z wheel and had just had my friend who is the parts manager @ a Chevy store check availibility and was about order some at a real good price...Bummerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Greg

·
Registered
8 Posts
05 z06 wheels

L.A.P.D has replicas that fit c5's already, you could check them out. They actually have a couple of different sizes.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I will...

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts